TravelTalkOnline

spiga excellent

Posted By: mahokid

spiga excellent - 09/07/2021 08:45 PM

Hopefully you have enjoyed my Dutch side restaurant reviews and now going back to our first week reviews for our French side restaurants and then a quick review of the island two weeks although we are pool people as didn't do any tours or day visits to fun places.

Please understand that we stayed at the GCBC so while the days were shorten by the curfew we still got to enjoy most of the restaurants which we had planned on.
Le Cottage was the only restaurant that we would have enjoyed dining at but they had closed for vacation

While we have visited the island for many years unfortunately our visits coincide with their vacation closing.
Lara is very responsive by email and replied that we were arriving 2 nights before their vacation.
I made a reservation to celebrate our anniversary on the night of our arrival with a 6:00 PM table because of the 8:00 PM curfew
Upon arrival I was a bit disappointed to learn they were offering a limited menu which was a 39 euro prix fix including 3 courses
When we received our menu I found plenty of good choices along with a great value
Apologies as I don't recall the a compliments for my grilled shrimp appetizer which was beautifully presently, but I do recall the great taste of the grilled shrimp. Food research and menu development for my business is off to a great start!!
My wife started with the first of many for our vacation tuna tar tar and tasted as good as it looked
My only other visit to Spiga did not overwhelm me but my opinions were quickly changing
Entrees were equally presented and tasty
Simple wines were offered by the glass
Desserts included chocolate cake along with a Italian style cheesecake presented on a plate celebrating our anniversary. While not a fan of NY style cheesecake, Spiga's was very good
While Lara (owner & front of the house) was not on the floor for the evening, service was attentive and friendly.
I now need to hope our vacations do not coincide so we can return for another great night

Attached picture Spiga Tuna Tar Tar.jpg
Attached picture spiga shrimp appetizer.jpg
Attached picture spiga triggerfish.jpg
Attached picture spigga seafood risotto.jpg
Attached picture spiga chocolate cake.jpg
Attached picture spiga cheescake.jpg
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: spiga excellent - 09/07/2021 10:21 PM

We haven't been there in a long time, but these pictures sure do make me want to get back there!! Lovely presentation!! thanks for all your pictures and reports!!! clapping
Posted By: DDnBob

Re: spiga excellent - 09/07/2021 11:21 PM

In the 19 years we've been coming to St. Martin, Spiga's is always our first stop for dinner. they never disappoint. The first time I ever had red snapper was there it was amazing! Food is always incredible!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: spiga excellent - 09/08/2021 03:51 AM

👍
Posted By: bostonbob

Re: spiga excellent - 09/08/2021 04:48 PM

I have been drooling through your reviews. We love most of the places you have been,but especially enjoy Spiga. From the lovely decor to the warm greeting from Lara, and especially the food. We have brought many friends there over the years and have never been disappointed.
Keep those reviews and pics coming!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline