TravelTalkOnline

Club Orient construction to start by Fall 2021

Posted By: PelicanPirate

Club Orient construction to start by Fall 2021 - 09/22/2021 09:13 AM

https://www.cluborient.com/rebuild/

Well, today is the first day of Fall 2021. The last day of Fall is Dec 21st.

Let’s hope the next 90 days bring a start and some visible progress.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Club Orient construction to start by Fall 2021 - 09/22/2021 01:07 PM

I can't really tell, there's not anything new on that website, is there? And I don't think the PPRN has been approved yet?
Posted By: Tonythepilot

Re: Club Orient construction to start by Fall 2021 - 09/22/2021 08:37 PM

Sure would be nice to get an "Official" update.
Posted By: M>F

Re: Club Orient construction to start by Fall 2021 - 09/27/2021 12:12 PM

Good morning, I think it was about a year ago that one of the owners came on and gave a very fulsome (and credible) update. I don’t recall his name, but if anyone else does, maybe we could ask him for another update

Re: Club Orient construction to start by Fall 2021 - 09/28/2021 07:40 PM

As with any thread with Club O in the title, it gets lots of views, but yet there is still “no news” and that is not good news.

Re: Club Orient construction to start by Fall 2021 - 10/13/2021 07:17 PM

Looks like “no one - got nothing” on this 4000+ view topic. A true “cold case”
Posted By: AUCspouse

Re: Club Orient construction to start by Fall 2021 - 10/13/2021 08:31 PM

During the last week, two visits to the Perch showed that there are absolutely no signs of construction at the old Club Orient site. That's an up-to-date report.

Re: Club Orient construction to start by Fall 2021 - 10/13/2021 09:38 PM

Thanks.

I wonder if the insurance money is invested in the Stock market or if it is sitting at 0% interest. Or better yet, the insurance company has it invested/hedged and the beneficiaries will get it at insured amount in September 2017 dollars.

If any of the owners just wanted their cash they have lost tremendous gains while all this non-action goeson.

Not just a bad investment but compounded double downward by doing nothing. Add to that the inflation of building materials.

Lets play wheel of fortune.
j_c_
_evor_i_n
is
_
nudis_
on
SXM

Re: Club Orient construction to start by Fall 2021 - 10/15/2021 12:26 PM

PPRN was scheduled to be finalized today. Could that lead to a new building permit, and then,,, construction?
Would be happily shocked to see activity when we are there in two weeks.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Club Orient construction to start by Fall 2021 - 10/17/2021 10:46 PM

Let the rebuilding of Club Orient begin... Woot!
No more reason to not rebuild.

Re: Club Orient construction to start by Fall 2021 - 10/20/2021 11:34 AM

Not done yet.
https://www.faxinfo.fr/en/environnement-le-pprn-revise-sera-tres-prochainement-applique/

Re: Club Orient construction to start by Fall 2021 - 10/20/2021 05:24 PM

Watching this grass grow is excruciating. Who benefits from this snail like pace. Why does anyone in Europe have a role/say really? Self rule.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Club Orient construction to start by Fall 2021 - 10/20/2021 05:32 PM

You sure have a lot to say about how the island government should be run. Maybe you should move there and run for office. handshake
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Club Orient construction to start by Fall 2021 - 10/20/2021 06:16 PM

You sure have a lot to say about everything and don’t even visit Club Orient.
Maybe you should pay more attention to what is going on in your State and run for office.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Club Orient construction to start by Fall 2021 - 10/20/2021 06:43 PM

breakingnews

hammer

wave

dance

clapping banana
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Club Orient construction to start by Fall 2021 - 10/20/2021 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by sxmmartini
Maybe you should pay more attention to what is going on in your State and run for office.

Yep. I have no interest is what goes on with the rebuilding of Club Orient nor the politics influencing it. But I do take an occasional walk to that section of beach while on Orient. As far as our state it's beyond help. laugh
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Club Orient construction to start by Fall 2021 - 10/20/2021 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by sxmmartini

Now, now. Let's play nice and that goes for all commenting here.
Posted By: Bill_S

Re: Club Orient construction to start by Fall 2021 - 10/21/2021 01:18 AM

I second ruralcarrier

Re: Club Orient construction to start by Fall 2021 - 11/08/2021 12:17 PM

PPRN is done.
https://www.thedailyherald.sx/islands/natural-risk-prevention-plan-pprn-enacted-by-decree
Hopefully that was the last major roadblock to re-building.
The beach is great, but there were some sketchy looking dudes hanging out in the wreckage of Papagayo.
They need to start cleaning that place up.
Posted By: moi

Re: Club Orient construction to start by Fall 2021 - 11/08/2021 03:56 PM

Won't believe it until I see it, but I hope something is done before I get too old to enjoy it. As for the sketchy dudes, a Perch Lite bartender told me some of the men on the beach like to take their wives down there and watch them "spend time" with the locals. Unimaginable, but she stated that was what was going on down there. I cleaned up the language but you get the picture. So...we stayed clear of the Papagayo area and had a great time.
Posted By: M>F

Re: Club Orient construction to start by Fall 2021 - 11/08/2021 06:40 PM

AUCSpouse, how busy was the beach and what was the vibe like (other than Papagayo)? We are bringing friends that have never done the nude beach before, so we're hoping there are lots of friendly people to compensate for the war zone that is Club O. We were last there in apr 2019 and Papagayo had some creepy stuff going on then, so we too steered clear. Which is too bad since that is some of the nicest beach and water.

We will be there Dec 2 - 9th.
Posted By: AUCspouse

Re: Club Orient construction to start by Fall 2021 - 11/08/2021 07:28 PM

MF,
Beach is fairly busy, but not as busy as pre-Irma. October was quieter -- never a line for happy hour drinks at the Perch. November is getting busier -- last time we were there, there was a happy hour line.

Lots of friendly people relaxing and having fun. I've never seen any creepy stuff going on -- but I don't wander among the ruins looking.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Club Orient construction to start by Fall 2021 - 11/08/2021 08:07 PM

AUC-I've never seen anything creepy there either, post Irma, but I stay strictly on the beach, and we don't go down to where Papagayo is (used to be, whatever...)
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Club Orient construction to start by Fall 2021 - 11/08/2021 08:11 PM

Exactly....same here
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline