TravelTalkOnline

I guess we are the noobs

Posted By: the captain

I guess we are the noobs - 10/17/2021 11:38 PM

We’re a 45 year old couple w teens but looks like most of the posters here are 55 plus and have been coming for decades. So admittedly, we appear to be in a different stage of life than most here.

Any other people in our stage of life? We usually aim to come presidents week.
Posted By: VGerfo

Re: I guess we are the noobs - 10/18/2021 01:33 AM

I’m not sure what your point is or why ones stage of life is relevant. Could you explain better the purpose of your inquiry?
Posted By: TravelHat

Re: I guess we are the noobs - 10/18/2021 01:41 AM

Weird post. What information do you need? I’m 63 and live life like I am 35 so what’s up dude.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: I guess we are the noobs - 10/18/2021 01:46 AM

OK guys chill, ok?? Hopefully the original poster will come back and explain a bit more. But I do get that someone might be concerned that everyone will be 20-30 years older than they are..
Posted By: TravelHat

Re: I guess we are the noobs - 10/18/2021 01:55 AM

Well I’ll just make some tea and watch some reruns of Murder She Wrote and wait to see if OP comes back
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: I guess we are the noobs - 10/18/2021 02:05 AM

understandable.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: I guess we are the noobs - 10/18/2021 02:57 AM

I think that every comment preceding the OP posting should be removed.

Welcoming much? Not!

This person has been with TTOL since 2015. Perhaps they visit other places or sail.

Y'all old foggies are certainly proving the point....lol
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: I guess we are the noobs - 10/18/2021 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by BeachKitten

Should it not be "following" instead of "preceding"?
Posted By: Tonythepilot

Re: I guess we are the noobs - 10/18/2021 10:39 AM

Following? Preceding? So confusing. We know what you mean.
I need a nap.
And stay off my lawn, dangnabbit!

Re: I guess we are the noobs - 10/18/2021 01:27 PM

Tony--rofl

pilot--OK, we may be old, but we do have a sense of humor.. smile Please do come back and ask whatever specific questions you have.
Posted By: johndana274

Re: I guess we are the noobs - 10/18/2021 02:07 PM

I'm guessing that what the opening post was referring to was that most on here don't talk about bringing their teenage children. I was in their situation with teenagers not to long ago and it is a different kind of vacation when they are with you. So figure they are asking what to do with teenagers since there isn't as much talk on here about that.
Posted By: kim

Re: I guess we are the noobs - 10/18/2021 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by the captain
We’re a 45 year old couple w teens but looks like most of the posters here are 55 plus and have been coming for decades. So admittedly, we appear to be in a different stage of life than most here.

Any other people in our stage of life? We usually aim to come presidents week.

Well we are 53 and 54 and both coming since we were teens and our kids are now 22 and 29. Have come all seasons with them and many trips without them!! The 21 year old May have jumped onto our New Years trip - but coming around 1/3 with buddies.

Do you have specific questions??

Also - feels good not being the “youngin” on here hahaha
Posted By: zeus1963

Re: I guess we are the noobs - 10/18/2021 05:33 PM

My wife just got to 50 and I am mid 50's. I know when we brought our daughter and friend we did the ziplining so if you are asking for things a teenager might do let us know.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: I guess we are the noobs - 10/18/2021 07:01 PM

This forum was started long before the advent of Facebook. I think you'll find more younger travelers on the Facebook groups; there are several that feature SXM. There are plenty of younger folks and families who travel to the island.
Posted By: Todd

Re: I guess we are the noobs - 10/19/2021 02:19 AM

Your not young to have joined this group, just younger than many now, in age. Now you have to live up to your youth like we all do, good luck with that!

32 days until on island to live like we are in our.......ok.........40's!
Posted By: bizzottom

Re: I guess we are the noobs - 10/19/2021 08:41 AM

ditto Travelhat

Re: I guess we are the noobs - 10/22/2021 11:40 AM

I bring a 29 year old with me each visit so as to keep our collective average age lower. Maybe I can answer some of your questions.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: I guess we are the noobs - 10/22/2021 12:33 PM

This forum is still one of the best forms of information all things St.Martin!! It's how we learned about the island before we booked our first flight!! That was close to 20 years ago!! There is no age bracket here!!!

Re: I guess we are the noobs - 10/23/2021 12:33 PM

Such a shame, the noobie is one and done. I was hoping the young blood would jazz things up a bit.

Re: I guess we are the noobs - 10/23/2021 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by VGerfo
I’m not sure what your point is or why ones stage of life is relevant. Could you explain better the purpose of your inquiry?
No need for the Long Island 'tude.
Originally Posted by TravelHat
Weird post. What information do you need? I’m 63 and live life like I am 35 so what’s up dude.

Seriously, must have struck a nerve with you guys. Maybe I should have just posted ,"WHERE ARE ALL THE 40s PEOPLE AT? in similar fashion to Cleavon Little in Blazin Saddles "WHERE ARE ALL THE WHITE PEOPLE AT?!" Would that have been more sufficient? LOL And for the record, Im an old soul....

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
OK guys chill, ok?? Hopefully the original poster will come back and explain a bit more. But I do get that someone might be concerned that everyone will be 20-30 years older than they are..

I've observed that being among the younger posters here, our input and output is different than most of you a decade or 2 older. But I guess it must have hit a nerve. I like checkin on this forum as opposed to Facebook only b/c there is anonymity here and I don't like throwing my personal info on FB.

Originally Posted by BeachKitten
Welcoming much? Not!
This person has been with TTOL since 2015. Perhaps they visit other places or sail.
Y'all old foggies are certainly proving the point....lol

Seriously....yep, we ski, hike, swim. Life is short so we do it all!

Originally Posted by bdeeley
Such a shame, the noobie is one and done. I was hoping the young blood would jazz things up a bit.

Really? Just having a busy week and don't read the forum hourly or daily. Sorry that some of you took it the wrong way (I re-read the post and can't see an offense) . If anything, some of the sophomoric responses do show your youth! smile

I enjoy reading this forum and prefer it over FB. We love SXM and what blew our minds last trip was that another in their 70s started talking to us then noted, yes, there remember us and basically had watch our kids grow up....They were real regulars coming for years. Love that about the island.

Re: I guess we are the noobs - 10/23/2021 01:43 PM

captain--OK, now that all of that is over... Do you have some questions??
Posted By: pat

Re: I guess we are the noobs - 10/23/2021 01:48 PM

Methinks it’s time for some of us to chill, Peeps.

Sint Maarten/St. Martin has something for every age and every lifestyle not to mention for every pocketbook. Let’s just share and be happy we can all agree it is a wonderful place to enjoy for most everyone who chooses to go there.

And now, let’s sing KumBayYa……😊😊
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: I guess we are the noobs - 10/23/2021 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by pat
Methinks it’s time for some of us to chill, Peeps.

Sint Maarten/St. Martin has something for every age and every lifestyle not to mention for every pocketbook. Let’s just share and be happy we can all agree it is a wonderful place to enjoy for most everyone who chooses to go there.

And now, let’s sing KumBayYa……😊😊

Well said 👍

Re: I guess we are the noobs - 10/23/2021 01:54 PM

Very happy you have returned.

Re: I guess we are the noobs - 10/25/2021 10:01 PM

banana banana banana

We haven’t been there in 3 years. What kind of activities are there for the 13/15 year olds? They were too light for the zip line last time. We can spend hours in the surf. Maybe jet ski rental or tours? Have already done the Butterfly farm, the zoo and ….a bird sanctuary whose name escapes me right now.

Re: I guess we are the noobs - 10/25/2021 10:08 PM

How long is the trip and how many days of activity are you trying to fill?
Posted By: kim

Re: I guess we are the noobs - 10/25/2021 10:31 PM

Definitely check out ParrotVille. In the Belvedere area. Lots of hikes you could do with them. We are in Cupecoy area. Depending on where you are staying but you could park at Danys bar (in front of Porto Cupecoy) and walk the cliffs and back. It’s really a nice trek and you can get out on the cliffs. .
Posted By: Todd

Re: I guess we are the noobs - 10/25/2021 11:23 PM

Mullet often has some surf to enjoy, excellent beach. 12 Metre Regatta https://www.12metre.com/ is a great activity that would be fun for the kids and parents. Watching the jets come it is always a fan favorite, and the zip lines while I have not done them look entertaining. Snorkeling, several decent places.

Personally, more beach, less planned activities.

Re: I guess we are the noobs - 10/26/2021 01:58 AM

6 days presidents week. After some skiing, should be sweet!

We did 12 days of rv camping in Colorado Utah and Arizona last year since Israel didn’t pan out a Covid. Canada the year before.

A day in French side and. Day in Pburg. Otherwise chillax but want to have ideas. I have to check out that regatta! And they love climbing so the cliffs sound intriguing. Thanks. Ah we’ve never done snorkeling, Are there good reefs there? Our first dive trip was in Australia’s Great Barrier Reef but it would be the kids first time snorkeling at a reef
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline