TravelTalkOnline

Your favorite casual places to eat near Simpson Bay

Posted By: Brooke Lynn

Your favorite casual places to eat near Simpson Bay - 10/24/2021 05:09 PM

Heading back in a few weeks after too long of a delay. I just wanted to get some ideas of places to dine with family or just the two of us. Would love to hear your favs and why, Thanks everyone! Can't wait to get back there!
Posted By: BillS

Re: Your favorite casual places to eat near Simpson Bay - 10/24/2021 06:20 PM

Vesna Tavern and the Palms are a couple of our favourites.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Your favorite casual places to eat near Simpson Bay - 10/24/2021 06:59 PM

Not directly in Simpson Bay but near and just a short drive is Mark's Place. Local food, decent prices and service along with large portions and a great variety.
Posted By: Todd

Re: Your favorite casual places to eat near Simpson Bay - 10/24/2021 08:12 PM

The Palms, Lal's, Astra
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Your favorite casual places to eat near Simpson Bay - 10/24/2021 08:22 PM

I would pick the Greenhouse, Buccaneer Beach Bar and Bandito's. All casual, simple food, reasonable prices.
Posted By: geomo

Re: Your favorite casual places to eat near Simpson Bay - 10/24/2021 08:34 PM

Pizza and Company --Hung Fu
Posted By: pat

Re: Your favorite casual places to eat near Simpson Bay - 10/24/2021 08:46 PM

There are several great little spots in Jordan Village at Cupecoy. Our favorites are BatCode, the Spaghetti House for great Italian at reasonable prices and Fat Tony’s on Tuesday for the early evening steak special - US $20.00 pp for the rib eye steak plate. Or for breakfast goodies, Jules Patisserie. Others, too, but these are our favorites depending on the mood and the hunger pains at the moment. 🙂🙂

My sorry - I read the post but not the title. Cupecoy isn’t that far but it’s definitely NOT in Simpson Bay.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Your favorite casual places to eat near Simpson Bay - 10/24/2021 09:36 PM

Does "Batcode" flash the "Bat Signal" when they are having specials? Is the waiter's name Alfred?

Re: Your favorite casual places to eat near Simpson Bay - 10/24/2021 09:38 PM

So many great choices, can't wait to try some of them, thank you all for your input. Jules is always a start of our days when on the island, can't beat an espresso and croissant, and sandwiches to go! Buccaneer's is also a fav!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Your favorite casual places to eat near Simpson Bay - 10/24/2021 09:42 PM

Isola for Italian and Greenhouse for prime rib and most anything from appetizers to lobster.

Re: Your favorite casual places to eat near Simpson Bay - 10/24/2021 10:25 PM

Thank you SXMScubaman! Have been to Isola many times, never had a bad meal. Greenhouse I will try for sure!
Posted By: blackmercedes

Re: Your favorite casual places to eat near Simpson Bay - 10/24/2021 11:49 PM

el Zafiro....Incredible BEACH restaurant and bar...
Posted By: EdB

Re: Your favorite casual places to eat near Simpson Bay - 10/25/2021 11:21 PM

Simpson Bay....there's Lee's, Captain's Rib Shack, Toppers, Izi, Nowhere Special, Greenhouse, Isola, Pineapple Pete's. just to name a few. All good, all casual.

Re: Your favorite casual places to eat near Simpson Bay - 10/26/2021 12:13 AM

Thank you all so much for your input, I think we will be eating well during our visit! smile

Re: Your favorite casual places to eat near Simpson Bay - 10/26/2021 12:18 AM

Brooke,

For what it’s worth (probably not too much….) we’ve been coming to SXM for 48 years, every year at least once a year, so that’s a lot of island meals, but particularly dinners. Over all those years and all those trips I have only had two dinners that were sub-par, so trust me on this, you will have good food wherever you go.

Enjoy!!
Posted By: JoAnnW

Re: Your favorite casual places to eat near Simpson Bay - 10/26/2021 02:54 PM

One of my favorite thread so far! I am getting fat just thinking about it. Hope you didn't jinx yourself Pat!
Posted By: zeus1963

Re: Your favorite casual places to eat near Simpson Bay - 10/26/2021 03:49 PM

Greenhouse again last night and still great. Love that bang bang calamari and my prime rib. I’ll never understand how I don’t lose weight on vacation.
Posted By: mgh

Re: Your favorite casual places to eat near Simpson Bay - 10/26/2021 04:01 PM

I would second Captain D's Bbq and also Little Jerusalem for a very delicious and cheap shawarma!

Re: Your favorite casual places to eat near Simpson Bay - 10/26/2021 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by JoAnnW
One of my favorite thread so far! I am getting fat just thinking about it. Hope you didn't jinx yourself Pat!

Nah! First time we had a bad meal was maybe 10 to 15 years ago and the second time was maybe 5. And when you add up all the meals we’ve eaten on island over the last 48 years, we’ve had a pretty good run.

I’m of the personal opinion you can always find something to complain about if you search hard enough but I choose to NOT do that and in this imperfect world we live in, I choose to be happy. I’m not a gourmet foodie and I also have what I think of as reasonable expectations so I won’t let a less than perfect experience dampen my pleasure. But that’s me…… smile smile

Re: Your favorite casual places to eat near Simpson Bay - 10/26/2021 10:49 PM

lol, agreed Pat!
Posted By: bobbarb

Re: Your favorite casual places to eat near Simpson Bay - 10/27/2021 12:27 AM

While most of our favorites were mentioned I would add the Yachtclub and Beirut.
Posted By: fabila

Re: Your favorite casual places to eat near Simpson Bay - 10/27/2021 12:15 PM

Sandbar, Greenhouse, Lees, St Maarten Yacht Club
Posted By: WWII

Re: Your favorite casual places to eat near Simpson Bay - 10/28/2021 08:32 PM

I'm not familiar with Sandbar. Where is it located.
Posted By: Todd

Re: Your favorite casual places to eat near Simpson Bay - 10/28/2021 08:56 PM

Sandbar is same parking lot as Sunset Bar & Grill, I think the same owners as well.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Your favorite casual places to eat near Simpson Bay - 10/29/2021 11:17 AM

Do they validate parking like Sunset?

Edit: Never mind...answered on another thread
Posted By: SXMBND

Re: Your favorite casual places to eat near Simpson Bay - 10/29/2021 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by EdB
Simpson Bay....there's Lee's, Captain's Rib Shack, Toppers, Izi, Nowhere Special, Greenhouse, Isola, Pineapple Pete's. just to name a few. All good, all casual.

Never that thrilled with Topper's but after his shenanigans with the folks in Beacon Hill he will never see another dime from us.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline