TravelTalkOnline

Saturday - Monday

Posted By: Wingman

Saturday - Monday - 10/26/2021 12:35 PM

This will be a brief thread/recap. Louis(Fabila) has posted the last few days and we were all together, so no need to tell all the same things, lol. Saturday, I waited around at the pool at BSV for David and Louise to arrive. Upon their arrival and after unpacking, they came down to my villa for some welcome cocktails. The weather was great that day, but the waves were pretty rough at BSV. Tried going in but got pummeled a couple of times and that was enough of that. Pool time for the rest of the day. The 3 of us went to Dingy Dock for dinner around 6:30. I've never seen it so empty there. We all shared an order of Asian style wings as an app and all 3 had the ribs for dinner. The ribs for very tender/fall of the bone, but what ever they're using as a rub was really at best just OK. I was disappointed to be honest. From there we stopped into Sandbar for a cocktail and listen to What the Funk play a set. First time there, I really liked the place. I'm sure we'll return for lunch or something like that.

Sunday was an early rise in the morning. We were expecting 2 other couples coming in from CT and OR. Went to the pool and hung out til I saw the Jet Blue flight land from JFK, then off to the airport to pick one of the couples up. Brought them to Carefore for some quick provisions and then back to BSV. We all gathered on the deck for some more welcome cocktails and waited for the other couple to arrive. After all were here, we decided to go to Spaghetti House for dinner. As Louise said, what a great place, first time there. I've seen postings on here from friends how much they enjoyed it there and so did we. I had the Carbonara which was fantastic. Another restaurant making it to the "List" of restaurants we have to go to when on island.

Monday was a pool day at BSV. Nothing exciting but very relaxing. Mid afternoon I went back to the villa and made frozen mudslides for everyone. We all met out on the deck and had the mudslides and cheese and crackers brought by Louise. We decided to split up for dinner. 1 group going to Mark's Place and a couple of us went to Palapa Grill. Haven't heard about Mark's Place yet, but I have to say, I had a fantastic meal at Palapa Grill. It was such an enjoyable evening. I have been there several times, but the couple who were with me had never been. There comment to me was it was one of the best meals they ever had on SXM. The service was very friendly with great sense of humor. We had so many laughs, a truly fun night. Back to the villa, early night and some book reading in bed time. We'll see what today brings, stay tuned.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Saturday - Monday - 10/26/2021 12:50 PM

We need to get to Sandbar next time. They were closed for vacation when we were there in October.

I never did finish my trip report blush but we went to Palapa Grill in October, and while the steaks were good, there were a lot of things about the place that underwhelmed. We won't be back.
Posted By: pat

Re: Saturday - Monday - 10/26/2021 12:51 PM

Sounds like a perfect start so far. Glad you enjoyed both dinners - these places are on my preferred list too.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Saturday - Monday - 10/26/2021 01:19 PM

Sounds great!!

Spaghetti House seems to be everyone's favorite. They make a real Carbonara-- they should put out a cookbook.
Is Papala Grill a steak house?

Did you get to Jules yet for the Nutella pastry??

See you soon---I would love one of your Mudslides--lol
Posted By: Wingman

Re: Saturday - Monday - 10/27/2021 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by The_Lurker
Sounds great!!

Spaghetti House seems to be everyone's favorite. They make a real Carbonara-- they should put out a cookbook.
Is Papala Grill a steak house?

Did you get to Jules yet for the Nutella pastry??

See you soon---I would love one of your Mudslides--lol

Terri, on Monday, I did get to run up to Jules for a baguette. I saw the Nutella croissant and thought of you. I didn't get it this time, but I'm sure I will. Thanks for introducing me to them. Whenever I see it there, I think of you, they're the best. You'll know where to find us for a Mudslide, lol.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline