TravelTalkOnline

Day 6

Posted By: fabila

Day 6 - 10/29/2021 02:25 AM

Spent most of the day at Mullet. Calm water but big shelf when exiting water. Wasn’t a problem for us but if you have knee or hip issues it would be difficult to get out without assistance. We rented chairs from Chester near Rosie’s. $15 for 2 chairs and umbrella. Drank a couple rum punches $5 each.

Dinner at the Greenhouse for Prime Rib night. We stopped by yesterday to pre order either a Queen or King cut as well as reserve a table. Each couple split a King. 16 oz steak with choice of two sides was $35.99. Shrimp cocktail was very good with 8 shrimp $11.99. Cappuccino and chocolate lava cake completed our meal. Gratuity was not added.

We stopped at Buccaneers to ask about a Halloween party which will be Sunday. A bit difficult getting photos with dim lighting m.

Description: King cut prime rib: mashed potatoes & tossed salad. Greenhouse
Attached picture 7A8BC8A2-AA0B-4270-9C02-A7AAFD31C17B.jpeg

Description: Shrimp cocktail-Greenhouse
Attached picture 77D6B32E-3D7F-487D-9B74-F2E56070E1FC.jpeg
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Day 6 - 10/29/2021 12:54 PM

Yes, that shelf at Mullet would be a big problem for me. How was that prime rib cooked? Looks a little well done to me..

Re: Day 6 - 10/29/2021 01:00 PM

No it was medium as ordered. It was dark so difficult to get a proper photo. A King cut was plenty for the two of us. I didn’t need the shrimp cocktail but vacation is more about wanting some times whether we need it or not.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Day 6 - 10/29/2021 01:02 PM

Ha ha. You and I like ours moo-ing Carol. wink

Thanks for the warning about the shelf at Mullet. Is there anywhere near that you can walk to for easier access? I’m wearing a knee brace and have an MRI scheduled 3 days after we get back. frown
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Day 6 - 10/29/2021 01:09 PM

Leona--well, I like mine dead, not NECESSARILY mooing, but especially prime rib, I like pretty rare.. smile
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Day 6 - 10/29/2021 02:27 PM

If you ordered it medium it looks about right. I like rare/medium rare.

Re: Day 6 - 10/29/2021 09:25 PM

No it seemed the same all along the shoreline where chairs are.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Day 6 - 10/29/2021 09:37 PM

Just a thought for Beach Kitten.
One year, I actually asked the guys on the beach if they would mind digging out a few steps, because it was so bad.
They did it. It still wasn't easy, getting in the water, but doable.

We were there every day, so they knew us.

Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Day 6 - 10/29/2021 10:44 PM

Hope you tipped them well.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Day 6 - 10/30/2021 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by The_Lurker
Just a thought for Beach Kitten.
One year, I actually asked the guys on the beach if they would mind digging out a few steps, because it was so bad.
They did it. It still wasn't easy, getting in the water, but doable.
We were there every day, so they knew us.

That is my thought as well....making steps! lol I'll try that next week. Going to avoid heading over there on the weekend. But of course I'm sure that Monday we get to pick up the trash.
Posted By: pat

Re: Day 6 - 10/30/2021 02:31 PM

[quoteGoing to avoid heading over there on the weekend. But of course I'm sure that Monday we get to pick up the trash.

[/quote]

Sounds like shades of yesteryear doing the Monday morning clean-up at Mullet after the weekend revelers. Towers ‘other’ memories......
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline