TravelTalkOnline

Another day in Paradise - 11/14/21

Posted By: pat

Another day in Paradise - 11/14/21 - 11/15/2021 11:28 AM

It’s Sunday evening and the end of an exhausting weekend. We spent a lot of time on our porch doing not much of anything at all. We visited with neighbors, and beach walkers, and joggers and the occasional stray dog that ran by. Once again, it’s rained a few times today but never long enough to merit dragging our sorry butts off the lounge chairs, knowing full well by the time we stand up the rain will pass again. Watching the Sunday sailboat races from our porch is always pleasant. I only wish I knew something about sailboat races…….

Breakfast and lunch today came from the dwindling larders of Casa Denley - and even cocktail hour was ‘on the house’ so to speak. We knew we were heading out somewhere for dinner but making decisions - such as where to dine - seems to be getting harder and harder. Our neighbors extended an invitation to join them at the Greenhouse and we jumped at the invite. We always plan on going there but usually end up elsewhere due to lack of available parking so this was a real treat. Sometimes we even end up at the Greenhouse in town…….

Anyhoo, we opted for lighter fare as opposed to full heavy dinners - the food and service were both good and the company was excellent as well. And so ends another day in paradise. 😊😊

Attached picture 0C4F59AF-7D10-4C02-BC35-A1D92018ABFD.jpeg
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Another day in Paradise - 11/14/21 - 11/15/2021 11:38 AM

It was a nice evening, once again, and I keep forgetting to take
Pictures 😕

Next time!!!
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Another day in Paradise - 11/14/21 - 11/15/2021 11:38 AM

That sounds like a perfect day to me!!! We love Greenhouse Simpson Bay, can't beat the HH and the Bang Bang Shrimp, Lobster Calamari too!! Thanks for sharing this lovely report, carry on!!!
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Another day in Paradise - 11/14/21 - 11/15/2021 12:36 PM

Thanks for another update.
Posted By: snuba

Re: Another day in Paradise - 11/14/21 - 11/15/2021 12:57 PM

Was very nice meeting you and chatting with you and your husband. We ended up at Pineapple Pete’s for dinner.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Another day in Paradise - 11/14/21 - 11/15/2021 01:31 PM

Really enjoying hearing about your laid-back days, Pat. I keep telling myself I'm going to walk down there and say hello, but so far . . . .
Posted By: pat

Re: Another day in Paradise - 11/14/21 - 11/15/2021 01:59 PM

Luda,

I’m not walking very well anywhere this trip so thank you so much for stopping by and saying hello. I love being able to put names with real faces. I do hope everything works out with the up-coming arrivals and perhaps we’ll see you at the pool.

Linda,

You would walk here all the way here from Horny Toad? You are my hero!! I am so sorry we didn’t get to say hello last night but hopefully you all enjoyed your dinner. I probably shouldn’t admit this but I’m ‘assuming’ - and we both know where that will get you - ‘assuming’ you were with Ann and Steve last night.

We are off to P’berg almost immediately….. places to go and people to see and things to do…….
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Another day in Paradise - 11/14/21 - 11/15/2021 03:11 PM

I enjoy the Sunday afternoon boat races also! We went to the Greenhouse for the first time in a while in October. We went early, so it wasn't a problem getting a parking spot up the hill. I enjoy going there.

Sounds like maybe someone is going to have to go to the grocery store!!grin Enjoy!
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Another day in Paradise - 11/14/21 - 11/15/2021 05:42 PM

Or another delivery from Jeannie! lol
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Another day in Paradise - 11/14/21 - 11/15/2021 08:39 PM

Actually, I did not go to the Greenhouse last night.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline