TravelTalkOnline

just booked 2nd week

Posted By: RonDon

just booked 2nd week - 12/04/2021 04:13 PM

Excited for our next trip. Only problem was we could not get the time period we wanted at BSV even though I tried to book on August 30th 2021. I guess we've all posted how great this place is and everyone is booking it. We did get one week at BSV.

Fortunately, today I got the 2nd week at The Horney Toad., a second floor unit. It will be nice to try another place but I know I'll be spending the week waiting to get down beach to BSV.

We've never stayed at the Toad so I'll have to check out getting there by car and what is nearby.

Now I just have to worry on getting paperwork correct for entry to SXM.
Posted By: pat

Re: just booked 2nd week - 12/04/2021 04:39 PM

Congrats on both bookings. The paperwork sounds very intimidating to those of us not totally of the computer generation. My best suggestion, should you run into any difficulty, is to find a mid-range teenager to help. They know what they’re doing, for sure.

Also, re the return testing, see Vicky or Emmanuel at BSV upon check-in and they can set it up for youright there. We didn’t know they offered this service last trip and used Medworks in Simpson Bay near Avantika Restaurant. Very good service but I’m thinking BSV’s service would be even better.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: just booked 2nd week - 12/04/2021 04:40 PM

Good for you! Enjoy your trip!

Re: just booked 2nd week - 12/04/2021 05:44 PM

Thanks Pat for that info. Last visit I failed to bring any device where I could receive email and BSV took care of getting the test results for us. That also means I never got the emails for daily temperature check for sxm health. Fortunately, they didn't come looking for me to throw me off island LOL.

Carol, now we keep fingers crossed for good health. And because hubby had reactions from his 2nd vaccine dose, he's leery of getting the booster.

Re: just booked 2nd week - 12/04/2021 06:25 PM

Rosemary--suggest that he should get the Moderna booster, as it is a half dose, versus the Pfizer, which is a full dose. That is regardless of whether he got Pfizer or Moderna before, as you can mix the booster, versus the first doses. Best wishes.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: just booked 2nd week - 12/04/2021 06:38 PM

As long as your original Vaccine dose hasn't been over the time limit for the EHAS requirement you should be OK without Booster but as Carol suggested get the Moderna booster. As far as Temp checks keep fingers crossed you weren't red flagged for non compliance.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: just booked 2nd week - 12/04/2021 07:55 PM

I just returned yesterday from five weeks at the Horny Toad. I think you will find it has a great deal of charm. Let me know if you have any questions.

Re: just booked 2nd week - 12/04/2021 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by jazzgal
I just returned yesterday from five weeks at the Horny Toad. I think you will find it has a great deal of charm. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you maybe all I'll need is your h'ordoves receipe that the gang there loved lol.

Re: just booked 2nd week - 12/04/2021 11:12 PM

Linda--as I have said, my problem with the HT would be the TV situation.. I assume that it did not get better during your stay?
Posted By: Kennys

Re: just booked 2nd week - 12/04/2021 11:40 PM

Well today my arm is almost back to normal.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: just booked 2nd week - 12/05/2021 11:42 AM

The paperwork is a breeze after you've been fully vaxxed, print everything twice get a folder with that and vax cards. We made vax copy cards for the French side, but no one ask to see them. We went yesterday morning early for Moderna booster. I went to work (long day) and had no problem. This morning the shot sight is tender with some pain. Two Tylenol and should be fine.

Attached picture David working on Virginia 1019.jpg

Re: just booked 2nd week - 12/05/2021 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Linda--as I have said, my problem with the HT would be the TV situation.. I assume that it did not get better during your stay?

Bad assumption. They installed a satellite setup for the room I was in since I had such a long stay. Reception was fine after that.

Re: just booked 2nd week - 12/05/2021 02:32 PM

OK glad to hear that you had good reception. But it's only for the one room??

Re: just booked 2nd week - 12/05/2021 02:37 PM

I don't know what they are going to do about the rest of the rooms yet. Could be the satellite is movable. I know it can be turned off/on at will. People will just have to check with the innkeepers.

Re: just booked 2nd week - 12/05/2021 03:08 PM

OK
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline