TravelTalkOnline

Best SXM Car Rentals

Posted By: bonz1946

Best SXM Car Rentals - 12/12/2021 08:05 PM

We're going to be in SXM Feb 19 and looking for the best and most convenient car rental places. We want to be able to have car at airport when we come in and also be able to drop off car at airport when we leave.
We used to use Tropical but, we don't want to drive to the pick up point which is located up hill near McDonalds by the bridge. This is our first time on island since Covid!!
Posted By: Dutchman

Re: Best SXM Car Rentals - 12/12/2021 08:25 PM

We use Kenny's Car Rental. We have used him (Lesley) for years and will provide exactly the service you are looking for.

https://kennyscarrental.com/
Posted By: pat

Re: Best SXM Car Rentals - 12/12/2021 08:38 PM

Another vote for Kenny’s Car Rental. Lesley meets us on arrival with our car and we leave the car there on departure or sometimes, since we stay very close to his home, we pick him up and he leaves at the airport. But the best part of renting from him is we know he’s only a quick phone call away if we have any problems at all.

Many years of trips and often multiple rentals a year with no disappointments make us very happy clients.
Posted By: mort

Re: Best SXM Car Rentals - 12/12/2021 10:40 PM

Angela at Horizoncarrental.com
Posted By: badbenni

Re: Best SXM Car Rentals - 12/13/2021 12:28 PM

We have been renting from Dollar - Thrifty here for many years and are extremely pleased with the service and professionalism they extend to their customers. They have a wide selection of cars and have a very strong service department if you have issues with your rental.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Best SXM Car Rentals - 12/13/2021 12:35 PM

We all have our guy, we had a guy that he was great until it got to be to much with driving back and forth to his yard to to the paperwork and pick up the rental. A few years ago through another social media page we found SAX car rental. The service is amazing, the cars are all new with GPS trackers. God forbid it gets stolen!! Husband wife lovely couple, great staff!! At the airport, paperwork done and off you go! No hassle, just start your vacation on a good note!! I highly recommend Cindy and her husband Anil!!
https://www.saxcarrental.com/

Attached picture David and louise 1021SAX.jpg
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Best SXM Car Rentals - 12/13/2021 12:43 PM

Kenny's Car Rental.
Posted By: Warden

Re: Best SXM Car Rentals - 12/13/2021 01:42 PM

Always use a sponsor of this site, currently it's Tri A.
Posted By: WLE

Re: Best SXM Car Rentals - 12/13/2021 07:36 PM

Everyone seems says where they rent a car from is the best, never mentioning the type of car or cost which is a big factor. Over the 25 years that we've been coming to SXM I've rented from several different companys and never had a problem with any of them. I have always rented a midsize car with a price range from $145.00 to $195.00/week in prime season. Didn't use the same company every year because of the make of car available and of course the price.
I think it would help viewers if more details were given, not just whoever they rented from was a nice individual.
Posted By: mort

Re: Best SXM Car Rentals - 12/13/2021 07:43 PM

Many of us have used the same agency for a number of years. Our cost is usually given a loyalty discount so cost may vary. More important is ease of pickup, dropoff and response to any problems we may encounter.
Posted By: pat

Re: Best SXM Car Rentals - 12/13/2021 08:14 PM

Good answer, Mort. Good answer!
I would never reveal the rental price because every situation is different.
And then there’s the individual situation of the renter. Number of people in the group and location where it’s being parked most.
Not to mention individual personal wants - some want brand new and bright and shiny while others, me for one, prefer the more lovingly used models. One rental a few trips back we had an almost brand new car and I was a wreck the whole time, not wanting to be the first one to add a dent or ding to the shiny exterior.
And lastly , there’s the level of service wanted. Airport pick-up and drop off or get into an airport van and have to go off-prem to get the car.
Every situation is different and not every company operates the same way.
Posted By: bonz1946

Re: Best SXM Car Rentals - 12/13/2021 10:49 PM

Thank you for your help!! We'll check out your replies......
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline