TravelTalkOnline

Vesna Taverna

Posted By: PrairieGirl

Vesna Taverna - 12/15/2021 01:25 AM

We enjoyed a fabulous evening at Vesna Taverna tonight. Learned that they are closed not only Sunday night but Monday as well. Plan accordingly!

The atmosphere is so totally French (a bit of a surprise given the name) that you would think that you were in Grande Case. From the beautiful ambiance, to the menu, to the impeccable service to the after dinner rum.

Hands down the best meal of the trip so far and quite a good value at slightly less than $120 all in including water, a bottle of wine, an app, 2 mains and tip. The chalk board didn’t list prices and we didn’t ask. A pleasant surprise that the dishes were so reasonable.

I had the pot de ( five words in French) la mer.. coconut milk, red curry, lime and ginger stewed fish (3 kinds). Absolutely to die for!

Make sure to add this restaurant to your “must visit” list!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Vesna Taverna - 12/15/2021 01:01 PM

Huh. I never thought that place was French food. But sorry, no prices???? Not down with that. SXM is not St. Barts..
Posted By: PrairieGirl

Re: Vesna Taverna - 12/15/2021 01:53 PM

Carol, the menu clearly listed the prices. It was just the chalkboard with the daily specials that didn’t. And since our meals were both the same price ($28) maybe it indicated that somewhere we missed. And we certainly could have asked. We just didn’t bother because the menu prices were all quite reasonable.

Absolutely NOT the no price on the menu attitude you’re thinking of!
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Vesna Taverna - 12/15/2021 02:04 PM

We love Vesna Taverna!
It was recommended to us by a special lady, Yolanda from Beachside Villas,
when it first opened.

The food, service, and the owner are all delightful!!
Posted By: snuba

Re: Vesna Taverna - 12/15/2021 02:19 PM

We tried it this trip for the first time and liked it, though I totally don’t remember what we had there. The hostess was great, very personable and funny. Place was almost empty though at 7:30.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Vesna Taverna - 12/15/2021 05:31 PM

Prairiegirl--OK, that makes me feel better.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Vesna Taverna - 12/16/2021 12:55 AM

I find that daily specials at most places are usually more expensive than regular menu selections.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline