TravelTalkOnline

EHAS: How many days before arrival.

Posted By: Bluesfan

EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/16/2022 09:30 PM

We arrive Sat Jan 22. When is the earliest I can submit EHAS form? I could not find information. We are fully vaxxed and boosted. I may be confused because in June I had to submit negative test results no older than 3 days. Since no test results required this time , is there an outside time limit for EHAS form?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/16/2022 10:25 PM

It's three days, still.

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/16/2022 11:15 PM

Leaving Saturday..submit wed or thurs?
Posted By: erb923

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/16/2022 11:20 PM

72 hours
Posted By: Mikel

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/17/2022 01:08 AM

Three days, not 72 hours.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/17/2022 01:19 AM

SUBMIT WEDNESDAY
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/17/2022 05:43 AM

72 hours before last connecting flight.
Posted By: SXMBND

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/17/2022 02:25 PM

But any testing required has to be within 48 hours.
Posted By: MaxRose

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/17/2022 03:00 PM

He’s vaxxed and boosted.
Posted By: BarleyMan

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/17/2022 04:38 PM

We leave in two weeks. I looked at the EHAS (and the travel info & FAQ pages) and did not see any timeframe posted for filling out and submitting the form. We are all boosted and no testing required.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/17/2022 04:53 PM

That is one thing that's not on there, I don't think. But many people have reported trying to file before 3 days, and have gotten an error message from EHAS, stating the form needs to be submitted only 3 days in advance.
Posted By: BarleyMan

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/17/2022 05:43 PM

Thanks.. just another bizarre unwritten rule I have run into... French Polynesian is much worse in terms of having multiple agencies/rules involved.
Posted By: TANDP

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/17/2022 06:54 PM

what is an EHAS form? where do we get it?
Posted By: ChiTownHarry

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/17/2022 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by TANDP
what is an EHAS form?

One needs to fill out the form before one travels to SXM.

where do we get it?

On the forum list, read the requirements in the top post.

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/17/2022 07:42 PM

The glitch is in the EHAS form. When you enter date of arrival it must be within the 3 day window. I will try Wednesday for Sat arrival.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/17/2022 07:49 PM

Wednesday will work
Posted By: EllenL

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/17/2022 08:04 PM

Hi Bluesfan, we will be on the same plane as you on Saturday. We plan on filling out our paperwork on Wednesday around 4:00. My friend left 2 weeks ago on a saturday and she sent it out on Wednesday evening and it worked great. Did jetblue send you an email? We received one today, Again the timing of the EHAS form is lacking, it's so difficult when they talk around you and not specific.. I get ya .. Good Luck and we'll see you in Logan brite and early saturday morning.
Ellen

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/17/2022 08:23 PM

We are flying American out of PVD. CLT to SXM. Friend told me JB requires Negative test to board plane. He is going to PR. Might be different for SXM.

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/17/2022 08:57 PM

That's what I get for assuming. I double checked with my friend and she said she submitted the form on wednesday and she heard back within 5 minutes . She said both her and her husband each filled out the forms using their own email. Hope that helps
Posted By: RonDon

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/17/2022 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bluesfan
We are flying American out of PVD. CLT to SXM. Friend told me JB requires Negative test to board plane. He is going to PR. Might be different for SXM.

Negative test required in country not out of country until the return home.

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/17/2022 09:54 PM

That's what I thought. Maybe JB started this requirement.
Posted By: beachlover48

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/18/2022 09:23 PM

We arrive on Wednesday, Feb 2nd. Looks like I should be sending the EHAS form in on Sunday. Do they work on Sunday? Sorry if this has already been asked. Just nervous about doing everything right. Thank you in advance for your help.

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/18/2022 09:25 PM

We arrive on Wednesday, Feb 2nd. Looks like I should be sending the EHAS form in on Sunday. Do they work on Sunday? Sorry if this has already been asked. Just nervous about doing everything right. Thank you in advance for your help.

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/18/2022 10:10 PM

Sunday is the correct Day if you are fully vaccinated and have your booster(meaning you don't require a test). They do work on Sundays and there are even people that will respond in the middle of the night or very early morning.

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/18/2022 10:19 PM

Thank you, bdeeley!

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/18/2022 10:30 PM

Take care, safe travels and have a wonderful vacation!
Posted By: TANDP

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/19/2022 12:51 AM

I'm still not sure what an EHAS form is and where to get it. Can you fill me in?

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/19/2022 12:59 AM

You fill it out via the EHAS site. Look at first post on this forum for the link.
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/19/2022 01:34 AM

https://stmaartenehas.com/

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/19/2022 02:57 AM

Has anyone double vaxxed and boosted been asked at airport for negative covid test? I am concerned American may not be aware of this item. In June3, despite EHAS approval, they still insisted on test results.

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/19/2022 03:01 AM

Back then a test was required for entry and now if you are fully vaccinated with a booster you don't need a test. Along with your EHAS approval show them documentation of vaccination complete with booster.

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/19/2022 03:01 AM

That was because the double vaxed and boosted weren't exempt from testing back then. Now they are.

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/19/2022 11:53 AM

Correct....only issue with us was that we could not get "Approved for travel" status from United nor could we check in the day before. We used the kiosks at BOS and an agent confirmed out vax status with no issues. Website would not accept a vax document...only test results but it was not an issue at all

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/19/2022 03:00 PM

I( know the requirement. I am just concerned with uninformed airline personnel. From prior experience.

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/19/2022 03:17 PM

You are making this harder than it has to be, and worrying yourself unnecessarily. Have a copy of your EHAS approval, Your vaccination card with both shots and the booster, and print out the page from travel requirements on EHAS site that shows no test needed. If you do that and have it with you than you will be fine.

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/19/2022 03:37 PM

Print out the screen shot below to go with your printouts of your vaccination proof and your EHAS approval.

Description: EHAS chart showing requirements
Attached picture Screenshot_20220119-103322.png

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/19/2022 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bluesfan
I( know the requirement. I am just concerned with uninformed airline personnel. From prior experience.

My comment included the informed airline personnel...the website was the uninformed part

Re: EHAS: How many days before arrival. - 01/19/2022 09:09 PM

We are off to St Martin.....we sent ours in around 2;00.Paul got his back quick and mine 2 hours later. Talk about nail biting. I printed 2 copies . My friend said a girl missed her plane because her phone died and she couldn't show her letter....Gotta cover all bases . I hope ya'll got yours
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline