TravelTalkOnline

Two years now since I have been to SXM

Posted By: sxmmartini

Two years now since I have been to SXM - 01/17/2022 03:21 PM

It was my decision to not travel but do miss the warm breezes and friendly faces. I am waiting for things to get back to normal although I will wear a mask on a plane, jumping through hoops I will leave to circus animals.
Posted By: bluejacket

Re: Two years now since I have been to SXM - 01/17/2022 04:22 PM

We were there May 2021, there weren't too many hoops. As I understand it, it's even easier now if you vaccinated and boosted. Even the return to US test can be completed where you're staying via the internet.
Posted By: MaxRose

Re: Two years now since I have been to SXM - 01/17/2022 08:53 PM

It’s not going to back to “normal” for many years if ever. I’d just go if I were you, the hoops aren’t too difficult and are well worth it.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Two years now since I have been to SXM - 01/17/2022 11:43 PM

My only, and I do mean only, issue is the worry about getting an asymptomatic positive test the day before we are scheduled to depart. All outdoor stuff but still there are multiple rooms at SBR and other places with positive people hanging out.
Posted By: kim

Re: Two years now since I have been to SXM - 01/18/2022 01:35 AM

Have made maybe 12 trips since getting “booted” off the island 3/2020. Yes it’s a pain in the butt - testing and paperwork. But so worth it and haven’t had any issues. As far as COVID, just use the same common sense as at home.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Two years now since I have been to SXM - 01/18/2022 06:02 AM

Being retired I'll just stay on island as required till I test negative and can return home. No worries. 👍
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Two years now since I have been to SXM - 01/18/2022 12:12 PM

The hoops are NO where near as horrible as they were for us back in March 21!! Our second trip in October went off without a hitch, going and returning! JFK-SXM The funny thing, most of the indoor restaurants aren't on our list. Ate open dining on the Dutch side and on the beach on Orient! GOOOO, book it!!! The beaches are calling you!!!

Attached picture BSV chairs and beach (2).jpg

Re: Two years now since I have been to SXM - 01/18/2022 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by boucharda
My only, and I do mean only, issue is the worry about getting an asymptomatic positive test the day before we are scheduled to depart. All outdoor stuff but still there are multiple rooms at SBR and other places with positive people hanging out.

Originally Posted by boucharda

Yup. And for the return bring tests with you. So much easier. Or if you have had COVID within 90 days, doctors note and test report is what is needed to re enter.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Two years now since I have been to SXM - 01/18/2022 04:07 PM

Thanks for your replies. I am thinking about April as my first return to SXM.

Re: Two years now since I have been to SXM - 01/18/2022 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by sxmmartini
Thanks for your replies. I am thinking about April as my first return to SXM.

DO IT!! You won’t regret it! Are you still in New York or New England. I think I remember reading you moved to VT or NH. So easy out of JFK
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline