TravelTalkOnline

Covid testing

Posted By: moi

Covid testing - 03/22/2022 01:05 PM

I think I read earlier that St Martin was accepting the rapid PCR NAAT test for entry. My wife doesn't believe me. Can anyone verify that since I can't seem to locate the previous thread? Sorry to bring it up again. Thanks.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Covid testing - 03/22/2022 01:16 PM

I don't know about ST. MARTIN, which is the French side, but if you are flying into the Dutch side, they accept the Binax Now test administered by Walgreen's, which is a NAAT test. There have been conflicting reports as to whether SXM accepts a self-administered test. (I assume you know this, but you don't need a test at all if you are vaccinated.. )

Re: Covid testing - 03/22/2022 02:01 PM

That's what I thought. Thank you. We are vaccinated but second dose was February 2021 and have no booster...we're just getting a little nervous since the wording on EHAS is somewhat vague.

Re: Covid testing - 03/22/2022 02:34 PM

You don't need a booster any more, as of March 1. So, you are good to go!

Re: Covid testing - 03/22/2022 02:47 PM

Thank you, Carol. From what I've seen on here you are the expert.

Re: Covid testing - 03/22/2022 02:56 PM

Well, don't know about that, but the current entry requirements are pretty clear to me.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Covid testing - 03/22/2022 03:51 PM

Now, if they would only change having to get tested to return to the states!!

usflag
Posted By: pat

Re: Covid testing - 03/22/2022 03:57 PM

Terry,

Don't forget to check with BSV about their arrangement for US return testing. Certainly more convenient than the other options, as good as they are.

Re: Covid testing - 03/22/2022 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by pat
Terry,

Don't forget to check with BSV about their arrangement for US return testing. Certainly more convenient than the other options, as good as they are.

I do like having it arranged before we get there.
Is that an option?

Re: Covid testing - 03/22/2022 04:30 PM

That I don’t know but you could try emailing Tracy. I liked having it scheduled ahead too but having to go elsewhere - not so much. And they do the printed snd email results, too, or that is my understanding.

Re: Covid testing - 03/22/2022 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by pat
That I don’t know but you could try emailing Tracy. I liked having it scheduled ahead too but having to go elsewhere - not so much. And they do the printed snd email results, too, or that is my understanding.

Thank-you, I may look into it.

I don't mind going elsewhere, because we head to breakfast and it is done before we get our food.
Last year it was Ravel Matin , the year before Zee Best---- not too hard to take.....
hungry

Re: Covid testing - 03/22/2022 04:50 PM

Yes, we did ours the past two times at Medwork and then went to Reveil Matin, and then went back there for results. This year we return home on Monday and if rules are the same as now, will not be able to do it at Medwork, as they are not open on Sunday. Would appreciate info on your experience testing at BSV, if either one of you do it there.

Re: Covid testing - 03/22/2022 05:04 PM

Will certainly be glad to let you know if they still do it, Carol. We've used Medworks each trip since the inception of the requirement to test coming back to the US but if I can get it done on site, that's even better. Lots of TTOL members there before we go again and hopefully, someone will chime in and let us know.

Re: Covid testing - 03/22/2022 06:05 PM

Also, would appreciate info on being able to confirm it in advance, as we will have to take down an e-med test if that won't work, due to returning home on a Monday. (Oh, but maybe there won't be a testing requirement by June? Probably too much to hope for.)
Posted By: snuba

Re: Covid testing - 03/22/2022 06:52 PM

Carol, we used BSV arrangement for testing this past November. It was very simple and convenient. You tell Viki (the manager) when you need test done, he calls nurse and ask if she is available, arranges time and day. She comes to your villa, takes about 10 minutes from start to finish, gives you paper with results, $60 cash or credit card. You will receive email with results later in a day also. She came to our unit 3 times as we had people in our party coming and going different times and everything went smoothly. Would use her again.

Re: Covid testing - 03/22/2022 07:20 PM

Thank you for that info, Luda. Looking forward to doing this method soon and wishing we’d known about it in November but I think it may have been a fairly new program at that time.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - BSV thinks of everything to make your trip a true vacation. Kudos to all - both owners and staff. 😊😊

Re: Covid testing - 03/22/2022 07:33 PM

snuba--thanks for the info. As I said, since we return to the US on a Monday, we need to be able to confirm that they in fact will be able to do this on that Sunday before, before we leave home. Is this something that we can get confirmed with Tracey ahead of time??
Posted By: Jeff_C

Re: Covid testing - 03/22/2022 09:33 PM

Hello Carol , Where could I find out about the Binax NAAT test ? Is there something on an official SXM website . And is it allowed for unvaccinated people ?
Thank you Jeff

Re: Covid testing - 03/22/2022 10:03 PM

Jeff--the Binax Now test is administered by Walgreen's. And no, it's not specifically on the SXM website, but it is accepted. Again, the only one that I know that is for sure accepted, is the test administered by Walgreen's.
Posted By: snuba

Re: Covid testing - 03/23/2022 01:16 AM

Carol, I got an impression that this was more Viki’s gig rather than Beachside Villas but coul be wrong. I would see if you could ask him, may be call him directly.
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: Covid testing - 03/23/2022 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
snuba--thanks for the info. As I said, since we return to the US on a Monday, we need to be able to confirm that they in fact will be able to do this on that Sunday before, before we leave home. Is this something that we can get confirmed with Tracey ahead of time??

Medworks first Monday Morning Testing is at 8.00am, should be able to test and still have plenty of time for a flight
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Covid testing - 03/23/2022 11:54 AM

IdNow is the NAAT test we had done for travel a couple of times at Walgreens before the vaxed-no-test-needed thing started. Binax was not one of the available tests in my area Walgreens but same deal....quick results and accepted

Re: Covid testing - 03/23/2022 12:53 PM

UKsimon--No, I really don't care to do that. I have enough to worry about the last day without piling a test on top.

Re: Covid testing - 03/23/2022 12:54 PM

snuba--you could well be right, that it is something that Tracy is not involved in at all. That was kind of what I was afraid of. I guess what I could do is to wait till I get there and ask right away about testing on that Sunday and if necessary, try to scare something else up after I am on island, but that makes me nervous.
Posted By: SANFILIP

Re: Covid testing - 03/23/2022 12:55 PM

St. Maarten Labs in Belair(across from the medical center) is open every day. They do both rapid and pcr.

https://sls.sx/

Re: Covid testing - 03/23/2022 12:58 PM

OK, that's a switch I think, anyone doing testing on Sunday. Although it kind of p*sses me off that they charge more for Sunday testing.. Those folks do not make appointments, correct?

Re: Covid testing - 03/24/2022 08:57 AM

Carol, right no appointments, just walk in. We are going there this morning, as we leave tomorrow.

Re: Covid testing - 03/24/2022 01:01 PM

I loathe waiting in line on vacation. That's why I pay more for Medwork.
Posted By: sugarae

Re: Covid testing - 03/24/2022 02:35 PM

We tested this morning in Hope estates. In and out in five minutes. results in under an hour. flying tomorrow.
Posted By: Jeff_C

Re: Covid testing - 03/24/2022 03:06 PM

I Called SXM to verify that the I D Now NAAT test is allowed. They said yes since it is a rapid PCR test. But I forgot to ask if it was a 48 hour test . Could someone answer that for me . Thank you .

Re: Covid testing - 03/24/2022 03:20 PM

It would be subject to the same timeframe as a PCR test....since it is one

Re: Covid testing - 03/24/2022 04:13 PM

I loathe waiting in line on vacation. That's why I pay more for Medwork.

We got there at 8:00am, out in 5 minutes for the 3 of us. People were there, but they did not pre-register, as we did, so we by-passed them.

Had results in an hour and a half. Uploaded results to United, good to go.

Be sure to pre-register if you do use them.

Re: Covid testing - 03/24/2022 04:28 PM

So, in essence, it's sort of like an appointment? Or no? Got to say though, no way in h*ll that I'm getting there at 8 AM on vacation..

Re: Covid testing - 03/24/2022 05:43 PM

Carol, not really, you can just go right in if pre-registered. I would think it’s busier in the morning than later on in the day.

Since it’s right around the corner from Divi, 8:00am is no issue, as we are up early.

Re: Covid testing - 03/24/2022 06:42 PM

OK
Posted By: WorldWalker

Re: Covid testing - 03/25/2022 02:41 PM

Hey Carol and Jeff, there is some confusion over whether the Walgreens rapid NAAT tests are accepted by EHAS.
A guy over in the Trip Advisor forum says he just emailed EHAS and asked about them and they said NAAT tests are not accepted.

Re: Covid testing - 03/25/2022 02:45 PM

WW--I have personally used Walgreens ID Now test twice to enter SXM, and it previously has been confirmed in writing by EHAS, several times, to other people. Fortunately, I currently do not have to test prior to entry into SXM, but I feel confident that this test IS acceptable.

Re: Covid testing - 03/25/2022 02:49 PM

Perhaps the rule has changed now that the only people who need to be tested are the unvaccinated?

Thanks for the quick reply, my trip isn't for another few months, so i expect there to be more rule changes by then.

Re: Covid testing - 03/25/2022 02:52 PM

I don't actually think so. I think it's a matter of confusion with EHAS. They have often given contradictory answers to questions. WW--do you need to be tested? If you're vaxxed, you don't need a booster, and it doesn't matter how long it has been since you were vaxxed.

Re: Covid testing - 03/25/2022 02:55 PM

I will be traveling with my teenage sons who are unvaccinated.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Covid testing - 03/25/2022 03:02 PM

Still time for them to get Vaxed. Well worth it for a variety of reasons.

Re: Covid testing - 03/25/2022 03:10 PM

Thanks scuba, but thats a different conversation, and not for TTOL.

Re: Covid testing - 03/25/2022 05:52 PM

WW--I have personally used Walgreens ID Now test twice to enter SXM, and it previously has been confirmed in writing by EHAS, several times, to other people. Fortunately, I currently do not have to test prior to entry into SXM, but I feel confident that this test IS acceptable.

Same here....twice tested at Walgreen's...twice approved...RT-PCR which is on their list of accepted tests is the Walgreen's IdNow test...ignore "the guy over at tripadvisor"...and the response on Tripadvisor after "the guy" said that the test was accepted.

It's accepted
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Covid testing - 03/25/2022 06:14 PM

We used that same one last May with no problems.

Re: Covid testing - 03/25/2022 06:44 PM

Thanks for all the helpful replies.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline