TravelTalkOnline

Shortened Vacation - Thanks AA

Posted By: dkupersmith

Shortened Vacation - Thanks AA - 06/18/2022 12:49 PM

I was supposed to be en route to SXM tight now instead I am on TravelTalk. The AA app notified me at 9 o'clock last night that my 6:35 am flight to Charlotte was cancelled. At least I found out before the driver picked my up at 4:45AM. The app wanted to rebook me for Monday.
I called and got through without much hold time and got an agent who was nice and trying her best to be helpful.
She first rebooked me on a 5am to DFW with a 2 hour layover and as she was finalizing the flight the 5am flight was pushed back 2 hours so that was impossible. I am now booked tonight to ATL where i have to overnight and then Delta to SXM in the morning landing 24 hours later than planned (or one-seventh of my trip)

I am trying not to stress too much but that is not easy for me. I have left messages for TripleAAA car rental and Ocean Explorers dive shop to let them know I won't be there as originally planned.
AA blames weather but I am too cynical and wonder if staffing issues are the real reason for cancellation...

So Oyster Bay, I will see you tomorrow.

David
Posted By: jollymonsrv

Re: Shortened Vacation - Thanks AA - 06/18/2022 12:58 PM

East coast experienced some wild weather on Thursday and Friday along with staffing issues JB cancelled 60% of flights out of Boston Logan on Friday because of this.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Shortened Vacation - Thanks AA - 06/18/2022 01:10 PM

dkupersmith--wow, that seriously sucks. So many cancellations lately, on all airlines. Hopefully everything will worth out for tomorrow.
Posted By: dkupersmith

Re: Shortened Vacation - Thanks AA - 06/18/2022 01:15 PM

Thanks Carol . I guess the odds finally caught up with me. I always read about people getting these issues and in twenty plus years of travel to SXM this is the first time for me with a last minute cancellation.
I also considered myself lucky that the agent was nice.
She said that AA will reimburse me for the hotel room in Atlanta - hopefully this is true.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Shortened Vacation - Thanks AA - 06/18/2022 03:56 PM

Problems with air, in the past, have been largely a function of connections. These days, it seems that even a non-stop flight is not without it's problems. Best wishes.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Shortened Vacation - Thanks AA - 06/18/2022 04:50 PM

Lots of weather issues and pilot shortages have led to an abundance of cancelled flights this week.

ARTICLE
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline