TravelTalkOnline

La Belle Creole, Happy/Friar’s Bay Video

Posted By: OllieEh

La Belle Creole, Happy/Friar’s Bay Video - 07/16/2022 06:05 PM

Here’s a couple of videos of La Belle Creole and the area around the Happy Bay Community. The La Belle Creole video can be watched HERE

The footage around the beaches is a little dark in this video. I filmed the beaches at dawn or dusk as to not disturb beach goers. This video starts with a shot of Grand Case in the distance, turns to Happy Bay, stops for a Sailing School before continuing on to Friar’s Bay. Click HERE for the Happy/Friar’s Bay video.

Feel free to share the videos. A lot of people ask about the trail between Friar’s and Happy and it gives a good view of the lay of the land and the trail that connects the two bays.
Posted By: bostonbob

Re: La Belle Creole, Happy/Friar’s Bay Video - 07/16/2022 06:36 PM

LOVE the video! Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: pat

Re: La Belle Creole, Happy/Friar’s Bay Video - 07/16/2022 06:44 PM

As like all you other works, beautiful. Thank you.
Posted By: Whale Tail

Re: La Belle Creole, Happy/Friar’s Bay Video - 07/16/2022 06:44 PM

Great videos. We made it to Friars Bay for the first time this past Mar/Apr and haven't made it to Happy Bay yet. So watching your work is all new areas for us. We have 2 more trips already booked, 1 in Dec and another in Mar/Apr of next year and will be back in this area for sure. Thanks.
Posted By: islandgem

Re: La Belle Creole, Happy/Friar’s Bay Video - 07/16/2022 08:04 PM

We celebrated a wonderful anniversary at La Belle Creole several years ago. It was one of the nicest resorts in St. MARTIN and it is so sad to see it now in this state. I have always loved Happy Bay, but have not gone there now for a few years. Best not to spend time alone there as it is more deserted than most other beaches. Thanks for sharing your videos.
Posted By: OllieEh

Re: La Belle Creole, Happy/Friar’s Bay Video - 07/16/2022 08:25 PM

Thanks all.

islandgem, a tear literally came to my eye when I read your recollection about La Belle Creole. Thank you for sharing. The difference of architectural influences throughout the property is mind boggling. There is still so much beauty there. Every room had a million dollar view.
Posted By: FatCat04

Re: La Belle Creole, Happy/Friar’s Bay Video - 07/17/2022 12:17 AM

Lovely work!! Very much enjoyed seeing all these place from above. I just love the drone footage. There are so many wonderful spots to visit on that beautiful island. Seems husband and I find a new spot every time we visit.

Out of curiosity, was there a resort at Happy Bay at one time or are those ruined structures in a semi circle facing the beach villas or townhome units?
Posted By: Kennys

Re: La Belle Creole, Happy/Friar’s Bay Video - 07/17/2022 11:54 PM

Wow very wonderful , thanks.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: La Belle Creole, Happy/Friar’s Bay Video - 07/18/2022 06:34 AM

Great job on both videos!! What kills me that I hate is all the graffiti on all those once beautiful structures at Le Bella Creole!! Next time I'm out on the Rhino safari riders, I will try to take some video from the shore line. Thanks for sharing!!!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline