TravelTalkOnline

Mario Bistro

Posted By: CaribLee

Mario Bistro - 08/20/2022 02:09 PM

We dined several times at their Porto Cupecoy location but this was our first visit to The Cliffs location. Really lovely setting with nice views (although it was dark when we got there). Food was very good as well.....pistachio encrusted salmon and new york strip steak with red reduction sauce. Only negative was the $50 bottle of chardonnay I ordered was slightly oxidized. My fault for not sending it back. All in all a lovely anniversary dinner.

Attached picture 20220819_204946.jpg
Attached picture 20220819_204957.jpg
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Mario Bistro - 08/20/2022 02:14 PM

Food pics.

Attached picture 20220819_202444.jpg
Attached picture 20220819_202449.jpg
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Mario Bistro - 08/20/2022 02:41 PM

Happy anniversary!! Thanks for the pics!
Posted By: Dr Phil SXM

Re: Mario Bistro - 08/20/2022 06:17 PM

Happy Anniversary Lee.

Thank you again for the photos.
I have never eaten at The Cliffs location either.
Certainly between Mario Bistro and Bamboo House you are eating well for your Anniversary

Cheers

Drphilsxm
Posted By: mahokid

Re: Mario Bistro - 08/20/2022 11:22 PM

Going to Mario's tonight.
Looking forward as we have visited him in Sandy Ground as well Cupecoy.
We stopped in RI today to say hello to Kimani (sp) at front desk.
We must have been fairly close to you across the street.
Posted By: pat

Re: Mario Bistro - 08/21/2022 12:41 AM

mahokid,

Like you, we’ve followed Mario’s from Sandy Ground to Porto Cupecoy and finally to the present location at the Cliff, the first two locations causing us to try the present location.

We went as a group of seven or eight with reservations and sad to say, the evening was such a disappointment. The company was great but the food just didn’t live up to our previous experiences and for sure, I was hard pressed to justify the prices charged for the meals we received,

I thought I was the only one who felt this way but after the fact I learned the others in our party felt the same way. Not to say it was bad but it just didn’t live up to our prior experiences.

I sincerely hope your meal and your experience is all you would hope it to be.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Mario Bistro - 08/21/2022 01:10 AM

Yes Pat , we also from way back from Sandy ground to Porto Cupecoy but not to the Cliff . The prices went up and the food was not the same , hence we still haven't tried them at The Cliff as yet.
Posted By: mahokid

Re: Mario Bistro - 08/21/2022 10:41 AM

Pat & Leslie

I will be working on my review of Mario's hopefully today as I am a day behind

Wow, sorry to here your experience.
All four of us enjoyed our meals.
Yes prices have gone up but the portions were very big.

Not crazy about interior.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Mario Bistro - 08/21/2022 01:03 PM

mahokid--would be interested to hear your take on it. I have not been there, but the pictures do seem somewhat odd in appearance, but I thought it was just me. I liked the location at Puerto Cupecoy better than Sandy Ground, because that location was always pretty sketchy to me. If the prices are higher than PC, I'm not sure I could justify the cost..
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Mario Bistro - 08/21/2022 01:35 PM

Thanks Mahokid.
Posted By: pat

Re: Mario Bistro - 08/21/2022 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by mahokid
Pat & Leslie

I will be working on my review of Mario's hopefully today as I am a day behind

Wow, sorry to here your experience.
All four of us enjoyed our meals.
Yes prices have gone up but the portions were very big.

Not crazy about interior.

mahokid,

Please understand, I typically do NOT post negatively about restaurants since the best of them can have a bad night when ‘stuff’ just manages to detract from the evening.

I posted as I did because we had always had such wonderful experiences in the previous locations and this just wasn’t the same and interestingly enough, while I hesitated to say so at first, the others with us also echoed the same sentiments after the fact.

Thankfully, the company we were with was delightful so they more than made up for any short-comings in the evening over all.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Mario Bistro - 08/21/2022 03:03 PM

My only experience with Marios was at Sandy Ground years ago. Was rather expensive but was very enjoyable.
Posted By: MrBoogdozer

Re: Mario Bistro - 08/27/2022 11:42 AM

We dined at Mario’s this week, our first time at The Cliffs location, after many previous visits to Sandy Ground and Porto Cupecoy. We enjoyed our meal of escargot, an appetizer sampler, the pistachio encrusted salmon, surf & turf, and crème brûlée. All delicious and outstanding as usual and the view is spectacular. Mario will be on vacation from 28 August for about six weeks.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline