TravelTalkOnline

Reveil

Posted By: mahokid

Reveil - 08/30/2022 12:56 PM

After seeing all those pictures from fellow posters, I got a reprieve from cooking breakfast and traveled over to Simpson Bay to Reveil

As expected we were warmly greeted by Kareen, the whole staff seemed very happy

We started with two specialty coffees which were almost like having dessert first, but once you got past the topping the expresso coffee was very good

There is certainly plenty of different choices and I went out of the usual (big benedict fan) choosing the nachos dejeuner

a cassoulet of light nacho chips were topped with eggs, meats, scallions, cheese, tomatoes, avocado and hollandaise (salsa & sour cream on side)
Of course it was very large and I demolished only half

MLW selected hard scrambled, bacon and light strawberry pancakes, maybe a bit too conservative for me

breakfast with tip was just shy of $60, maybe why I cooked almost all breakfasts but it was very nice to eat out and spend some time among the locals who are so friendly

Cash only

Thank you to all for the recommendation and pictures of the food

If you are going out to eat, Reveil may be hard to beat

Attached picture reveil coffee.jpg
Attached picture reveil nachos.jpg
Attached picture reveil eggs.jpg
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Reveil - 08/30/2022 01:01 PM

Oh, Reveil is IMPOSSIBLE to beat, for sure! We generally only go out to breakfast once per trip, but lately it is always Reveil! Can't believe you didn't get any of their marvelous fruit salads. They are amazing! We always take home at least half of my breakfast and enjoy it the next day. That coffee looks way too much for me though.
Posted By: lcote

Re: Reveil - 08/30/2022 01:05 PM

My biggest gripe with Reveil is that they admitted they don't make their own hollandaise for their benedicts!
Posted By: Whale Tail

Re: Reveil - 08/30/2022 01:10 PM

One of our favourite breakfast spots. Our first breakfast when we return in Dec will be at the SMYC. The vacation officially starts when that Caesar ( Bloody Mary) hits the table
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Reveil - 08/30/2022 02:49 PM

Glad you enjoyed Reveil . We ate there this last May and really enjoyed our long visit with the owner. Very personable.
Posted By: lhbsurf

Re: Reveil - 08/30/2022 04:36 PM

We loved Reveil when we tried it for the first time on our last trip as well...... Thanks so much for all your reports and pics... I have several new recommendations on my ever-growing hope to try out list!
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: Reveil - 08/31/2022 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Whale Tail
One of our favourite breakfast spots. Our first breakfast when we return in Dec will be at the SMYC. The vacation officially starts when that Caesar ( Bloody Mary) hits the table

Funny that's how we end our vacation, late breakfast and Bloody Mary's at SMYC!
Posted By: mgh

Re: Reveil - 08/31/2022 02:42 PM

Always stop for breakfast at Reveil! Big portions and great food as well as friendly staff.
Posted By: Oldenuf2knowbttr

Re: Reveil - 09/03/2022 12:23 AM

Great place. Extensive menu, large portions of excellent food and friendly efficient service. It’s a must for us each trip.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline