TravelTalkOnline

Island views

Posted By: dolfer

Island views - 10/31/2022 12:17 PM

A beautiful morning here with a fairly clear view of the islands to the south but I have a question. Looking to the left of Saba I see two peaks and then further left I see another. Are the two peaks Statia and Nevis and the St Kitts?
Posted By: SXMBND

Re: Island views - 10/31/2022 12:20 PM

Statia......St Kitts.....Nevis. in that order based on distance. Must be a very clear morning....lucky you.

Re: Island views - 10/31/2022 12:38 PM

Thank you SXMBND! Yes very clear and yes very lucky just be here.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Island views - 10/31/2022 02:36 PM

The two peaks are Statia. It's really one land mass, but some of it is under the horizon. Left of that is St Kitts and Nevis. Visible depending on where you are.

Re: Island views - 10/31/2022 04:25 PM

Thanks Elaine. That makes sense to me. We are at the Belair and I don't think we see St Kitts but are seeing Nevis.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Island views - 10/31/2022 04:55 PM

Sounds about right.
Posted By: Tom

Re: Island views - 11/02/2022 08:18 PM

We are headed down in a couple weeks. This will be first time in more than 30 years that we won't be at the Belair. PM us if you get a chance and tell us what's new and or different @ the Belair. We may stop by on our way to Mark's Place just to say hi to some of our friends who are still there. Time marches on but we had so many good times there and our kids (49 and 41 now) will join us this year for a bit of a reunion. Lots of new places to enjoy.
Tom & Lisa
Posted By: NWILLINOIS

Re: Island views - 11/06/2022 07:22 PM

Us too! It's been 20 years since we were at Orient. Our kids are 50,49, & 37. We'll have our 52nd anniversary at LaHoste on Orient beach. We're anxious to see the changes but hope some of the old places are still there. Looking forward to leaving the north country!
John & Ellen
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline