TravelTalkOnline

Second Saturday here.

Posted By: RonDon

Second Saturday here. - 03/25/2023 06:58 PM

After 3 large evening meals in Grand Case, we decided to return to lunches being our larger meals. Today we ate at O’Plongeoir in Marigot located across from the yacht club. 12:10and we secured the last table.

We both had the Red snapper special from their board. Delicious! It was served with salad & rice. Too late I realized this place has the best French fries. So I guess we’ll just have to return another day. With 2 ginger beers bill came to $48.

I had argued I wanted to go to Marks place and hubby wanted lagoonies. I argued I wasn’t sure either was open for lunch. Traffic jam made the decision for us.

Now we’re lounging on our lanai listening to waves and eating Etna Rhum Raisin ice cream.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Second Saturday here. - 03/25/2023 07:34 PM

Mark's Place is definitely open for lunch. Don't know about Lagoonies, as we've never been there.

Re: Second Saturday here. - 03/25/2023 10:49 PM

Thanks then will go there another day. Don really did enjoy the snapper though. I didn’t have IPad with us and no phone to check information.
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Second Saturday here. - 03/25/2023 11:23 PM

Lagoonies is open for lunch......at least they have been in the past. Will be able to confirm in about 6 weeks.

dance
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Second Saturday here. - 03/26/2023 12:10 AM

Lagoonies was open for lunch last year and Mark's is open for lunch as well. Mark's Place would be my personal choice.
Posted By: VGerfo

Re: Second Saturday here. - 03/26/2023 02:11 AM

Doesn’t get any better!

Re: Second Saturday here. - 03/26/2023 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by VGerfo
Doesn’t get any better!

How true! So many good restaurants not enough days
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Second Saturday here. - 03/26/2023 10:59 AM

Some days the traffic takes to places you've never been to or returning to places that were off the list! $48.00 for lunch, that was a bargain!!! Try Sandbox for a casual lunch. I loved there blue cheese burger! Saturday night "What the Funk Band" plays there 9 to 12! Do a lil dancing!!!
Posted By: jomarc

Re: Second Saturday here. - 03/26/2023 11:20 AM

I’m really enjoying your trip reports.

Now that we’re retired, we have gotten into the habit of having larger lunches and lighter dinners. I give you credit for driving to Grand Case for dinner.

Le Bistronome is now one of our favorites in Grand Case. Not only for the food, but for the delightful service provided by Chantal.

I do hope you get to Mark’s Place and Lagoonies too! We enjoy both of these restaurants. Another favorite of ours is Lal’s. Lal is so nice to chat with and his music choices are good!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline