TravelTalkOnline

Trip Insurance

Posted By: goozee

Trip Insurance - 07/20/2016 04:23 PM

Hello,

My husband and I are traveling to London this fall. We have elderly parents and need insurance for our airline tickets. Can anyone recommend a company?

Thanks,

Goozee
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Trip Insurance - 07/20/2016 04:44 PM

Go to the link here on TTOL for Insure my Trip. You can compare literally hundreds of policies side by side and decide which one suits you best. As Rick said though in the other thread, you should insure for hotel, baggage, emergency medical evac, etc., also, which you can do in one policy. If you book through the link here on TTOL, it doesn't cost YOU any more, but TTOL gets a small commission.
Posted By: salica

Re: Trip Insurance - 07/20/2016 07:15 PM

Check the small print. Sometimes you are not covered if there is existing illness - not just your own, but if, for example, a parent with ill health died during your absence and you wanted to return. Insurers love a get-out clause. It can be covered, but if this is a concern for you, make sure you double check.

Re: Trip Insurance - 07/20/2016 07:54 PM

Coverage for pre-existing conditions often is dependent on when you buy the insurance, in relation to when you book the trip. Many companies cover pre-existing conditions IF the insurance is purchased within a close time period to when you booked the trip--usually 7 days or less.
Posted By: goozee

Re: Trip Insurance - 07/20/2016 08:48 PM

Thank you both for your replies. We personally have medical insurance already - MASA. Airline tickets for this trip are close to $9,000. I just don't want to cancel because of the parent's emergency and lose that amount. I'm booking refundable hotels. I called British Airways - to cancel and rebook the flight it is $500 per person to rebook on trip to London and $400 per person to rebook to St. Thomas. I can live with those rebooking charges.

Goozee

Re: Trip Insurance - 07/20/2016 09:47 PM

I still think you should check online for the price for insurance, which would cover a host of things, and would be a lot cheaper than that..
Posted By: luvG43

Re: Trip Insurance - 01/18/2019 11:36 AM

I am also thinking to get the travel insurance.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline