TravelTalkOnline

Anguilla

Posted By: NeilRooney

Anguilla - 10/21/2018 09:56 PM

Anguilla is open for business Fall 2019.
Four Seasons is open!
No Cruise Ships
No Black socks, yes you Wendell.
Carol & Eric please visit
Spead a night or two!!!
Posted By: LBI2SXM

Re: Anguilla - 10/21/2018 10:36 PM

Ahhhh, but for those room rates!! And add on airfare, WOW
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Anguilla - 10/22/2018 12:19 AM

Hey Neil, you comp us at the Four Seasons for a couple of nights, we'll take you up on it!!! grin
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: Anguilla - 10/22/2018 01:26 PM

We plan on visiting Anguilla in 2019, the more I read about it the more I want to visit. We were going to go in January, but decided to wait until November. Prices are a little better then, and it looks like the water will be a little warmer. We are going to the BVI's in April, so this will spread the 2 trips apart a bit. Can't wait to go, still trying to decide where to stay. Shoal Bay Villas seem to be more our style and in our price range.
Posted By: Sugaree

Re: Anguilla - 10/23/2018 08:46 PM

We have made two trips to Anguilla, the most recent being June 2018. Anguilla's beaches are some of the most beautiful I've ever seen. They have recovered quite well after Irma. Some of the resorts were still in the process of rebuilding. We just missed Bankie Banx reopening of the Dune Preserve (by a week), but did spend a nice quiet afternoon with him on the beach, visiting and enjoying the sunshine together.

We stayed at a small apartment we found on VRBO, and had no trouble whatsoever buying breakfast provisions for our stay. The Best Buy grocery store has everything you can imagine - even a great selection of wines.

A large portion of the restaurants were doing a great business, even in low season.
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: Anguilla - 10/24/2018 04:08 AM

I was waiting for the invitation from Chuck Norris to visit.

Still teaching English
Wendell

Re: Anguilla - 10/24/2018 09:22 AM

Long wait...…………..

Re: Anguilla - 10/24/2018 12:26 PM

Was the apartment on the beach? Because there beaches are so beautiful, I think I would regret it if I didn't spend a little more and stay right on the beach.
Posted By: Ellen777

Re: Anguilla - 10/28/2018 06:17 PM

Rates change after April 15, take a look at Carimar, Blue Waters, Turtles Nest studio, and Shoal Bay Villas, Rendezvous Bay Hotel, Anguilla Great House, all ocean front, all have good prices in low season. There are many others not ocean front that are less expensive.
Posted By: TomB

Re: Anguilla - 10/31/2018 04:52 PM

We absolutely loved Anguilla and have nothing but good things to say about our stay in Carimar.
I remember reading before our trip that some folks were knocking Carimar for not having a pool.
Well this was our setting and it was 38 steps from our room... Who cares about a pool.

[Linked Image]

Re: Anguilla - 10/31/2018 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by TomB
We absolutely loved Anguilla and have nothing but good things to say about our stay in Carimar.
I remember reading before our trip that some folks were knocking Carimar for not having a pool.
Well this was setting was 38 steps from our room... Who cares about a pool.

]

Funny you say that, the reason on kind of had my mind made up about booking Shoal Bay Villa's instead of Carimar is because of the pool situation. Maybe I need to re-think that decision.
Posted By: TomB

Re: Anguilla - 10/31/2018 06:56 PM

Shoal Bay is also some kind of beautiful.

[Linked Image]

In fact the beach is probably a little nicer than Meads Bay which Carimar sits on.

There were two things that drove us to choose Carimar.
1) Anguilla not only is know for their beaches, but there are some amazing eating establishments on the island. Many are very close to Carimar, and one next door.
2) I am huge fan of Bankie Banx who has a beach bar called the Dune Preserve. It was destroyed in the hurricane, but my wife saw on a page she follows that it is now re-opened. Carimar is much closer to Bankie's place.
oh yeah
3) they had a great package and it was cheaper

In the long run three was probably the real reason.

You definitely need a car.

If you want to look at pictures and day dream here is a link to our blog we did. The information is dated but the water is still blue.
http://axa2013.blogspot.com/

Posted By: LBI2SXM

Re: Anguilla - 11/01/2018 01:12 AM

Shoal Bay, one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen (and I have seen many).

Re: Anguilla - 11/04/2018 11:29 AM

Update of reopening operations:

Straw Hat is open, this past Thursday, with a few new dishes.

Gwen's Bar on Shoal Bay is opening today

Blanchard's is opening tomorrow with a new layout. Bob gave me a tour last Sunday, very nice.

Cap Juluca is scheduled for December 15

I will add more as I confirm dates. Cuisinart is a beehive of activity but I do not know their current target date.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline