TravelTalkOnline

Southwest Florida Places to stay Recommendations Please!

Posted By: Lori.R.

Southwest Florida Places to stay Recommendations Please! - 08/13/2021 09:33 PM

Hello All!
Hubs and I are trying to plan a 5/6 day vacation over Thanksgiving this year. We are not very familiary with SW Florida and a few places that we have already tried are booked. We would like to be within a 2 hour drive to Marco Island to visit friends (if possible). We have direct flights out of SDF to Naples, Sarasota, and St. Petersburg airports. We prefer not staying at the highrise hotels/resorts. I'm not sure if it's possible, but something laid back, on/near the beach with excellent seafood restaurants nearby. We will have a car.

Greatly appreciate all reccomendations! :-)
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Southwest Florida Places to stay Recommendations Please! - 08/14/2021 12:32 AM

I think most people book for Thanksgiving WAAAAAY in advance. Maybe try Anna Maria area, as there are lots of places to stay there, but not highrise..
Posted By: TravelHat

Re: Southwest Florida Places to stay Recommendations Please! - 08/14/2021 01:59 AM

Check out the Tarpon Lodge in Pineland. https://tarponlodge.com/

Re: Southwest Florida Places to stay Recommendations Please! - 08/14/2021 03:11 PM

Yeah, we weren't sure we would be able to take time off, so we are late in the process. Will check Anna Maria out. Thank you!

Re: Southwest Florida Places to stay Recommendations Please! - 08/14/2021 03:12 PM

WIll check Tarpon Lodge out right now! Thank you for the recco!
Posted By: RickinAtlanta

Re: Southwest Florida Places to stay Recommendations Please! - 08/14/2021 05:07 PM

Look at Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Posted By: Jerry_R

Re: Southwest Florida Places to stay Recommendations Please! - 08/19/2021 12:53 PM

Take a look @ the Boca Grande/Gasparilla Island area. No high rise, easy beach access within minutes. Several pretty good restaurants within 5 minutes. Many more within 15-20.

Right now, Red Tide has been affecting the area. Hopefully it will disperse by November.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline