TravelTalkOnline

Just booked for 5-21 to 5-29

Posted By: sbrownell

Just booked for 5-21 to 5-29 - 10/25/2015 05:43 PM

It has been a long time since I have posted, but we are so excited to be coming back. Just booked Southern Charm a Lagoon 450 out of TMM. Now its a count down. I love this board so much. It has provided us in the past with such great knowledge. Looking forward to meeting TTOLer's in BVI in May.

This will be our first time flying into STT and ferrying over to BVI. Any tips would be helpful. We land at noon on a Saturday for a sleep aboard. Shouldn't be too hard to make the ferry over. Our flight back is on a Monday at 1:20pm, and we were thinking of staying down at West end the night before and taking the 9:15 ferry over. Does this leave us enough time?
Posted By: warren460

Re: Just booked for 5-21 to 5-29 - 10/25/2015 05:55 PM

Your ferry connections look fine. I don't have any experience with staying overnight at west end, however you could stay anywhere on the island and get an early cab to the ferry. Somewhere with s nice beach would be my preference. Consider cane Garden bay or Apple bay areas.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Just booked for 5-21 to 5-29 - 10/25/2015 06:17 PM

Fish N Lime has refurbished rooms just up from the WE ferry dock..
Posted By: tangerine3

Re: Just booked for 5-21 to 5-29 - 10/25/2015 06:55 PM

hey we're booking May 21 until June 2. 1/2 charter 1/2 land based here in the next couple of weeks. Are you leaving tortola the day after your boat charter? I see TMM is in Road Town there is a ferry that leaves from there to Charlotte A as well. I don't see a 9:15 ferry from WE to Charlotte A. I'm using this link and ferry schedule is there an updated one somewhere? I have used this schedule since 2010?

http://www.bestofbvi.com/info/bviferry_tortola_sttCA.htm

But either way leaving from WE at 10:00 you will be fine. That's good to know about the refurbished rooms at WE it might save us some taxi fare when arriving in WE on the ferry. We used to always take a taxi to CGB and then another to Sea Cow Bay in the morning. That's where we have always used Barecat Charters. I like the atmosphere of the boats and colorful buildings in WE and after beaches for 10 days it seems it would be refreshing and boom your there.

just realized that the fish n lime they are talking about used to be the Jolly Roger. I have stayed in those rooms before and unless you can see a picture of the "refurbished" rooms I would not stay there.
Posted By: warren460

Re: Just booked for 5-21 to 5-29 - 10/25/2015 09:02 PM

I doubt manpot would post a suggestion unless it was reasonable.

Re: Just booked for 5-21 to 5-29 - 10/25/2015 09:55 PM

The rooms at "Fish N Lime" have been totally refurbished..as has the whole establishment.
Posted By: rhans

Re: Just booked for 5-21 to 5-29 - 10/25/2015 10:10 PM

Manpot said:
The rooms at "Fish N Lime" have been totally refurbished..as has the whole establishment.

As good as it was when Lou was running it?
Posted By: sbrownell

Re: Just booked for 5-21 to 5-29 - 10/25/2015 11:23 PM

I think there is a 10am ferry to Charlotte A that arrives 10:45 out of west end that is run from Native Son. Hoping 10:45 leaves us enough time to get to airport for 1:20 flight on AA (given some of the comments previously about being there 3 hours ahead). We wanted to stay down at West end to go to CGB or even Long Bay. We did this last trip down and it was great to unwind the day before we had to fly.
Posted By: GlennA

Re: Just booked for 5-21 to 5-29 - 10/26/2015 01:56 AM

Getting pretty close there now that AA says it is shutting down the counter and baggage acceptance 90 minutes before departure. On a Saturday or Sunday it will be very hard to get that done by 11:50.
Posted By: HillsideView

Re: Just booked for 5-21 to 5-29 - 10/26/2015 02:10 AM

I generally don't trust the 10am ferry to be reliable. For a 1:30 +/- flight, I'd be on the 7am, have a leisurely breakfast at the Pump Room, casual wander through Charlotte Amalie and then off to the airport.
I'm no fan of being up to that early to catch the 7, but after having the 10 canceled on me and scrambling to find alternative, I find it well worthwhile.
Posted By: YachtReprise

Re: Just booked for 5-21 to 5-29 - 10/26/2015 02:44 AM

HillsideView said:
I generally don't trust the 10am ferry to be reliable. For a 1:30 +/- flight, I'd be on the 7am, have a leisurely breakfast at the Pump Room, casual wander through Charlotte Amalie and then off to the airport.
I'm no fan of being up to that early to catch the 7, but after having the 10 canceled on me and scrambling to find alternative, I find it well worthwhile.

I second that emotion!

Also, regarding the Fish 'n Lime rooms...just recognize that they are RIGHT THERE at the restaurant. So...if it's a hoppin' night, you too will be hoppin' awake.

Just sayin'.
Posted By: goozee

Re: Just booked for 5-21 to 5-29 - 10/26/2015 11:28 AM

Voyage Charters has some nice rooms to stay at.

Re: Just booked for 5-21 to 5-29 - 10/26/2015 12:38 PM

I believe the Voyage rooms are now used as offices and no longer available.The Fish N Lime rooms are reported to be very nice and the building they are in is not part of the restaurant anymore. Another option is Kelly's above the superette..or Mango View by the bridge..
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline