TravelTalkOnline

Good Moon Farm

Posted By: SoggyDollarScott

Good Moon Farm - 04/18/2017 06:14 PM

I have made several attempts to contact Good Moon Farm. Both through their website and through their posted email address. Does anybody know if they are still in operation ?
Posted By: CDavis2

Re: Good Moon Farm - 04/18/2017 06:29 PM

We had a pretty bad experience with them on a recent trip but I think they are still in business.

Re: Good Moon Farm - 04/18/2017 06:30 PM

How so ?
Posted By: CDavis2

Re: Good Moon Farm - 04/18/2017 06:49 PM

Our issues involved not receiving the food we have requested. We had ordered a wide variety of items including greens, fruits, etc. and they swapped in other items since they did not have quite a few of the items that we had ordered. The quality of the food was good but having 10 pounds of mustard greens was not what I had expected. The pineapples were probably the best we have ever had but we were pretty frustrated with the entire experience. We had our charter company pick-up the provisions since we they were cleaning the boat mid-trip between guests at Scrub Island so you may have a chance to avoid our scenario. They were pretty much horrible to deal with when we requested a partial refund. We ended up giving most of the food away during our trip so at least it did not go to waste.
Posted By: purplelily

Re: Good Moon Farm - 04/19/2017 05:30 PM

I have to ditto the bad experience. In fairness, they didn't promise us any certain items, but 90% of what we got went overboard. I would have loved pineapples, bananas,or really ANY fruits, mint, herbs to cook with, or veggies to use in a salad. We also got a ton of greens. Not really something you want to prepare on a charter boat.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Good Moon Farm - 04/21/2017 03:42 PM

For those around Apple Bay..Cita has a pretty good little fruit stand set up just past Sebastian's and Wakumba, Cheryl's hubby, is growing some amazing veggies right there which he is selling. He had a huge amount of mustard greens and I talked to him about tomatoes. He will have them too..if he can stop the bugs eating them, he said. I am sure Cheryl can talk more about this..but its great for all of us and right on our doorstep.
Posted By: AgapeCottages

Re: Good Moon Farm - 04/22/2017 01:19 PM

Malcom - is it past Sebastian's toward Long Bay or Carrot? Or towards De Coal Pot?

Re: Good Moon Farm - 04/22/2017 03:31 PM

Towards Long Bay and our house on the left..about 100 feet from Seb's..

Re: Good Moon Farm - 04/22/2017 04:07 PM

Does he have any fruit for sale ?

Re: Good Moon Farm - 04/22/2017 04:30 PM

Cita has had pineapples and some other stuff..best to drop by and ask..and ask her about Wakumba if he isn't right there..
Posted By: GlennA

Re: Good Moon Farm - 04/22/2017 10:44 PM

Is Wakumba farning that vacant lot across from Big Apple where the Loncoln sat for like forever? Always thought that little vally looked like a great place for a garden.

Re: Good Moon Farm - 04/22/2017 11:28 PM

Yes..but that place had an old boat..the Lincoln was Bob's in Smuggler's.He really has lots of good stuff growing..so when are you coming back?

Re: Good Moon Farm - 04/23/2017 12:35 AM

We have to stop at Sebastian's on our way to the boat. I will drive up the road and see if we can't do some business.
Posted By: MarkMN

Re: Good Moon Farm - 04/23/2017 02:59 AM

We ordered a Good Moon Farm medium box in late-March were not impressed. We knew ahead of time that we wouldn't know exactly what would be included, but for the price they should give you a better idea a week out. About 25% of the items were past their prime on day 2 and we really had to struggle to incorporate the items into meals. Way overdone on the amount of leafy greens. A good idea, but lacking in execution and quality.

Just asked my wife about it...she says "never again".

Re: Good Moon Farm - 04/23/2017 03:10 PM

Our first experience with Arragon was at Marina Cay. We were on a ball when they pulled up, going boat to boat, selling a variety of fruits, veggies, and baked good from Trellis.

Should we be in position to do that again, I will look over his selection as to buy what I want that suits our needs. Can't wait to see what is available at the stand near Sebastian's. I still feel bad for Good Moon not returning my emails. Apparently they have something going up there and are doing well enough that they don't want our business. We will find another place to plug our money into the local economy.

2 weeks from today we cut the dock lines........ WooooHoooooo !!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline