TravelTalkOnline

WindGuru app - gone

Posted By: CottageGirl

WindGuru app - gone - 05/08/2017 01:26 PM

I have the WindGuru app on my phone and went to download it from the app store on my husband's phone this morning. Learned it's no longer available (did a little google search to confirm that). As a replacement, we downloaded Windy which seems to be a pretty good - maybe better - replacement. Haven't used it in the BVI's yet, but will be using it tomorrow on our trip through the Straights of Mackinac.
Just a heads up if you're looking for it!
Julie
Posted By: rfrimmel

Re: WindGuru app - gone - 05/08/2017 01:29 PM

I use both Windy and Sailflow. They both work about the same
Posted By: bagsarepacked

Re: WindGuru app - gone - 05/08/2017 01:58 PM

Julie...if your trip is anytime soon stay warm! Our Midwest weather is terrible this year. We live just south of the WI border and burrrrr...never have had to have our heat on this much in May before. You have to be freezing up by you.
Posted By: CottageGirl

Re: WindGuru app - gone - 05/08/2017 03:36 PM

bagsarepacked - trip is tomorrow! Our boat is stored in Cheboygan and we need to bring her back to Petoskey marina for the summer. Were supposed to get her this last weekend, but with 20 knot winds throughout Lake Michigan, no thank you! Supposed to be calm winds and in the 50's tomorrow. Fingers crossed for a smooth trip :-)
Posted By: bagsarepacked

Re: WindGuru app - gone - 05/08/2017 06:41 PM

Fingers crossed for you! I am on the other side of Lake Michigan....such a beautiful body of water but it can be wicked. I had a friend who had never seen the lake before and she said That's not a lake...that is an ocean!
You guys get the cool stones ~ we get beach glass like crazy on our side.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline