TravelTalkOnline

SJU question

Posted By: MattN

SJU question - 07/05/2017 06:42 PM

I just noticed that my flight from SJU to EIS on 8/12/17 has been changed from a 2:55 departure to a 1:25 departure. Our Southwest flight doesn't arrive into SJU until 12:20. Will we need to pick up our bags from baggage claim and re-check them into Seaborne? If so, will that give us enough time to make our flight? Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
Posted By: StormJib

Re: SJU question - 07/05/2017 07:08 PM

MattN said:
I just noticed that my flight from SJU to EIS on 8/12/17 has been changed from a 2:55 departure to a 1:25 departure. Our Southwest flight doesn't arrive into SJU until 12:20. Will we need to pick up our bags from baggage claim and re-check them into Seaborne? If so, will that give us enough time to make our flight? Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

You bought two separate tickets on two different reservations?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: maytrix

Re: SJU question - 07/05/2017 07:28 PM

An hour will be cutting it close. I'd probably see if there is a later seaborne flight.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: SJU question - 07/05/2017 08:19 PM

1 hour is impossible. SW does not interline baggage. You will have to make a schedule change. I would want 3 hours minimum if you have checked luggage. If you are carry on only 1 hour is doable if everything goes perfect.
Posted By: Cleobeach

Re: SJU question - 07/05/2017 08:22 PM

I agree with the others. We almost always fly thru SJU and even if absolutely everything went perfectly, I don't think its possible with checked luggage.

Not to be overly dramatic but last trip, it took 30 minutes, after a 20 min walk, for our bags to come out (priority tagged). On the return, the TSA precheck line took 25 minutes. And a 12:20 estimate arrival might turn into 12:45 until you deplane.
Posted By: Fletch

Re: SJU question - 07/05/2017 10:26 PM

You'll never do a 1hr inter-airline (between Southwest and Seaborne) connection with checked luggage. At best you'll need 15 minutes to deplane and walk to the baggage claim area, figure another minimum 10 minutes wait time to before your luggage arrives on the carrousel. Add to that another minimum 20 minutes to check in for the Seaborne flight and 30 minutes to clear TSA and walk to the Seaborne departure gate. That's a total of 75 minutes (assuming all the stars align) and you only have 55 minutes. You need to "manufacture" at least another 30 minutes to even think about making an inter-airline connection.
Posted By: MattN

Re: SJU question - 07/06/2017 01:18 AM

Thanks for all of the feedback, it was exactly what I was afraid of. We will rebook to the 6:30 pm flight and hang out at the airport.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline