TravelTalkOnline

Overnight in San Juan recommendation?

Posted By: ohstate

Overnight in San Juan recommendation? - 01/29/2018 01:36 AM

On our way to Virgin Gorda soon (land-based). We need one night in San Juan and are hoping for recommendations, if you have one. We get in around lunch, would cab or shuttle to the hotel, and then back to the airport in the morning. We’ve stayed in Old San Juan before - so long ago it appears the place is gone. We are flexible on location, but would like to have a good restaurant within walking distance. Thanks!
Posted By: jrw

Re: Overnight in San Juan recommendation? - 01/29/2018 11:33 AM

Old San Juan- E lConvento. Completely different place but closer to airport- La Concha.
Posted By: snmhanson

Re: Overnight in San Juan recommendation? - 01/29/2018 04:20 PM

Isla Verde is the closest you can get to the airport and would be convenient for your morning flight. For one night I would probably just stay there and relax at the pool or beach. The El San Juan, Intercontinental or Ritz are all fine choices. They all have good restaurants on site, and there are several other restaurants within walking distance.
Posted By: xrayman67

Re: Overnight in San Juan recommendation? - 01/29/2018 05:06 PM

I'll second La Concha!
Posted By: CaptainCarts

Re: Overnight in San Juan recommendation? - 01/29/2018 10:10 PM

Depending on when you go and how many of you there are, this Airbnb might be an option. It is offered by a dear Island friend (who kept their sailboat at BEYC for years) of mine and is located very close to the airport. GREAT family, great location, and a fabulous old home that they have totally renovated in the last year.

Link here: Baus Haus Airbnb

Also, I should note that all photos were taken post-Irma.

Re: Overnight in San Juan recommendation? - 01/30/2018 01:14 AM

Thanks all! Will check them out and do a trip report when we return. I really am so grateful and happy that we are getting a chance to visit our favorite place this year!
Posted By: JlarsBVI

Re: Overnight in San Juan recommendation? - 01/30/2018 04:01 PM

We recently stayed for 3 nights in Puerto Rico pre-charter (January 3-6). We stayed in Isla Verde and got a great price on a VRBO house there. There were 7 of us and the house was comfortable and had a small pool in the back. Very close to the beach and restaurants. We LOVED El Alambique Beach Front Bar and Grill, and went a couple times for drinks and appetizers at the Intercontinental as well.

We all enjoyed this location much more that we thought we would. We all had different flight times to get to Tortola and we rented a car. So easy and quick to the airport. It wasn't a hassle at all.

Re: Overnight in San Juan recommendation? - 02/19/2018 04:47 PM

We ended up staying at the Decanter Hotel. Highly recommend it. Location is near El Convento. https://www.decanterhotel.com/
We also did a walking food tour of Old San Juan with Angel - he was a great guide and we were stuffed after the tour. About a 3 mile walk in all. http://sanjuanfoodtours.com/
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline