TravelTalkOnline

How busy is it?

Posted By: NeilCanada

How busy is it? - 04/17/2018 09:12 PM

I have been checking the Cooper Island and Soggy Dollar cam for the last few weeks(as we are heading down April 30th). Cooper Island has been full for the past week @ 3pm but now appears many mooring balls are open even at 5PM. Any thoughts of the fluctuation? Just curious..

Neil
Posted By: GlennA

Re: How busy is it? - 04/18/2018 12:31 AM

Most spring vacations are over. Things should settle down a little through mid May. Kinda interesting how there are sub-seasons inside seasons.
Posted By: Higgins78

Re: How busy is it? - 04/18/2018 02:00 AM

Is this the Cooper island webcam your referring to?

http://cooperisland-bvi.com/QAN_webcam.php
Posted By: Sea&SkiPJ

Re: How busy is it? - 04/18/2018 12:09 PM

I've been monitoring the Cooper Island cam as well. Several balls are available if you get there by 1:00 pm, after that, it gets tight. If you look in the upper right corner of the picture, you'll see the time:date stamp. You can see that it hasn't updated since 4/17 at 11:22 am, so it's not showing you what's available at 5:00 pm.
Posted By: wizoc

Re: How busy is it? - 04/18/2018 02:08 PM

We had several mooring fields to ourselves or with one other boat about a month ago. Levereck was empty until around 3PM when the masses descended and every mooring ball was taken. Always fun to watch the maneuvering for the last few balls.

Re: How busy is it? - 04/18/2018 02:33 PM

I've only been down there three times, in June and July, but my experience is as long as I'm at my destination by 12:30, I'm pretty assured of getting a mooring. Coming down this July, can't wait.
Posted By: windward2c

Re: How busy is it? - 04/18/2018 04:24 PM

Was down last month and it was hit or miss - The Bight, Peter, Leverick (all of North Sound), CGB were empty by normal comparison. Cooper had some openings later in day that usual but that was one week before the Resort reopened - now I suspect it fill sup. Anegaga, Diamond, Great H and WB on Jost was FULL! No one single open mooring. Good luck - it was great to have some empty places like years or lore but also great to see that BVI is back in biz.

Re: How busy is it? - 04/18/2018 04:39 PM

Just checked the Cooper webcam, it has updated. As of 12:28, I count 20 boats, leaving 10 open balls.
Posted By: Steve27

Re: How busy is it? - 04/18/2018 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Sea&SkiPJ
I've only been down there three times, in June and July, but my experience is as long as I'm at my destination by 12:30, I'm pretty assured of getting a mooring. Coming down this July, can't wait.

When re you going to be there in July? We will be leaving the dock in RT on Sat morning on the 28th.

Steve
Posted By: Lumpy

Re: How busy is it? - 04/19/2018 10:47 AM

We have been in Anegada the last 2 days. The mooring field has been full by noon. Lot of boats anchoring. Monday Great Harbor DVD was full by 12:30.

Re: How busy is it? - 04/19/2018 12:20 PM

@Steve27 We arrive for our night-aboard on the 4th, staying through the 12th. Have fun on your trip.
Posted By: Annoddddd

Re: How busy is it? - 04/22/2018 03:12 AM

We were surprised to find Great Harbour on JVD full by 1pm last Sunday.

No problems any other location.
Posted By: gordaguy2

Re: How busy is it? - 04/24/2018 11:13 AM

Hi Neil - VG seems to be hoping with Chez Bamboo/Bath and turtle full and Coco Maya in full swing - lots of boats and some of Mahoe Bay's villas have guests staying.
Posted By: ski2play

Re: How busy is it? - 04/24/2018 12:11 PM

The fluctuation is quite often a topic of conversation when we are at the Villa on the east end of Jost.

From the terrace, we can see the boats moored or stopped near Diamond Cay, Little Jost, Green Cay, Sandy Spit, and Sandy Cay. I must admit to doing a daily count of the lights dotting the balls or anchored after dusk. We have counted up to 23. Some days, there is none, or only a few. There are 9 or 10 mooring balls near Taboo, watching the antics as folks approach to get the last ones is interesting sometimes.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline