TravelTalkOnline

Best secluded beaches?

Posted By: drcabral

Best secluded beaches? - 06/23/2018 10:01 PM

Wife and I have an affinity for deserted white sandy beaches with clear blue water and good snorkeling. Think with are going to bring our own chairs, shade, cooler and good book and call it a day. Wanted to know everyones favorite secluded beaches for 1-Day Sail 2-Mooring/Anchorage in the BVI. Thanks for your recommendation
Posted By: BaardJ

Re: Best secluded beaches? - 06/24/2018 01:31 AM

I prefer to keep my favorite deserted white sandy beaches secluded...so I'll simply suggest to head to Anegada. Drive/taxi to Cow Wreck, Big Bamboo, or Flash of Beauty then walk left or right down the beach about 200 yards and setup base camp.
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Best secluded beaches? - 06/25/2018 12:36 PM

I second that recommendation.
Posted By: ski2play

Re: Best secluded beaches? - 06/25/2018 01:37 PM

I too can get behind the above recommendations!

Re: Best secluded beaches? - 06/25/2018 01:58 PM

May I at least ask which Island your favorite secluded beach is on? Is it Anegada?:-)
Posted By: tjkunes

Re: Best secluded beaches? - 06/25/2018 02:15 PM

The BVI are often referred to as "Natures best kept secret."
I'll join the others and keep our favorites secret.

Re: Best secluded beaches? - 06/26/2018 11:56 AM

As the Corona commercial states, you have to "Find Your Beach".
Posted By: Fletch

Re: Best secluded beaches? - 06/27/2018 07:21 PM

Secluded beaches won't stay secluded once they are "outed" on an internet travel forum.
Posted By: sail445

Re: Best secluded beaches? - 06/28/2018 12:08 AM

There are many secluded beaches in the US & BVI.
Almost every island has a small secluded area with a white sand beach if you drop anchor and visit the different coves by dinghy.
Posted By: IWIWSE

Re: Best secluded beaches? - 06/28/2018 01:40 PM

To the OP
Sent you a PM
Posted By: jho

Re: Best secluded beaches? - 06/30/2018 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by IWIWSE
To the OP
Sent you a PM

props

Re: Best secluded beaches? - 06/30/2018 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by drcabral
Wife and I have an affinity for deserted white sandy beaches with clear blue water and good snorkeling. Think with are going to bring our own chairs, shade, cooler and good book and call it a day. Wanted to know everyones favorite secluded beaches for 1-Day Sail 2-Mooring/Anchorage in the BVI. Thanks for your recommendation

By Best Secluded Beaches you mean “public” best secluded beaches? Right? Not to be a Debbie downer but...... if they aren’t public then they are owned by a landholder and you would then be trespassing. Surely you don’t spend your vacation treaspassing?

We are boaters too but would never dream of spending a day (without permission) bringing our own chairs, coolers, shade, and a good book on someone else’s property.

My thoughts may be the minority, but as a landholder in the BVI with a secluded beach it is frustrating for our renters and caretaker to find people “day camping” far above the high tide line under the palm trees.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Best secluded beaches? - 06/30/2018 07:47 PM

The intent of the BVI laws is that all beaches are available for use by the public. There is nothing in the law about tides.

The public is hereby reminded of the legislation guiding Public Access and Rights of Way to Beaches as per the Planning Act 2004.

The Planning Act 2004 states that “a beach” is defined as that area of the coastal zone from the seaward limit of the foreshore running inland to the vegetation line or other natural barrier whichever is closer to the landward limit of the foreshore, and a beach may consist of sand, stones, gravel, shingle, coral fragments or boulders.”

Section 61 states: There shall be at least one public landward access to every beach in the Territory. Where there is no alternative public landward access, traditional public use of a private landward access through an existing private development shall be sufficient grounds for establishing a public way over that access for the purpose of access to the beach by the public.

Where the only landward access to a beach is through an existing private development where traditional public use pursuant to subsection (2) has not been established, the Crown may acquire the right to public use of that landward access by gift, agreement, compulsory acquisition, or in exchange for other property, interest, or financial exemption, or by such other means as the Minister may recommend.

For the purposes of this section “traditional public use” means peaceable, open and uninterrupted enjoyment for a period of twenty years or more; and public landward access shall be motorable unless the Minister otherwise determines.

For more information regarding this legislation, persons may contact the Ministry of Natural Resources and Labour at 468-2147 or

Re: Best secluded beaches? - 06/30/2018 08:06 PM

Thanks George! We are well versed in BVI law. Common sense, common courtesy, is sometimes a lost art. More respect and kindness is needed in today’s world. Happy day!
Posted By: Christo

Re: Best secluded beaches? - 06/30/2018 08:29 PM

GeorgeC1 have you ever tried putting those words into practice? Genuine question. Necker / Moskito / Oil Nut Bay etc etc.

Would love to hear people's experiences...

Our only similar experience was on the Onassis island in the Med many years ago...within minutes of landing there were military jeeps and machine guns! We swam away swiftly...

Re: Best secluded beaches? - 07/01/2018 12:03 AM

Where to begin??

First, this post was simply about locating secluded beaches for peacful trip with the family. Often man thinks he owns the earth to extent where they displace the natives and call stolen land their own, many a war and genicides have been waged by this egocentric idieolgy. The world is meant to be shared and enjoyed by all as long as you respect others and do your part in taking care of it. The BVI has established legislation that echo's this sentiment.
-No Man's an island
-This land is your land, this land is my land
-Life's a beach
Posted By: Catmandu

Re: Best secluded beaches? - 07/01/2018 12:42 AM

Well said.

Re: Best secluded beaches? - 07/01/2018 01:47 PM

drcabral nailed it.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline