TravelTalkOnline

Nick is leaving Leverick Bay?

Posted By: Woodman

Nick is leaving Leverick Bay? - 07/16/2018 07:40 PM

Perhaps this has been covered in another thread, and I missed it, but are Nick and Monzie leaving?
Posted By: maytrix

Re: Nick is leaving Leverick Bay? - 07/16/2018 07:42 PM

Yes, they are retiring.
Posted By: Woodman

Re: Nick is leaving Leverick Bay? - 07/16/2018 07:45 PM

Great for them!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Nick is leaving Leverick Bay? - 07/16/2018 09:14 PM

Hi. The thread is

here
Posted By: NickR

Re: Nick is leaving Leverick Bay? - 07/18/2018 11:52 AM

We do have to, but we are "Gone" to come back. Give us 8 months, I really want to build our house back again
Posted By: tpcook

Re: Nick is leaving Leverick Bay? - 07/18/2018 12:58 PM

Great seeing Nick and Monica yesterday. Wished them safe travels.
Posted By: RickinAtlanta

Re: Nick is leaving Leverick Bay? - 07/18/2018 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by NickR
We do have to, but we are "Gone" to come back. Give us 8 months, I really want to build our house back again

We'll hold you to that!! smile
Posted By: LauraTheTshirtGal

Re: Nick is leaving Leverick Bay? - 07/23/2018 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by NickR

oh my this would be amazing!!! best news I have heard!!
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Nick is leaving Leverick Bay? - 07/23/2018 03:58 PM

I credit Nick for a complete turnaround of Leverick bay. He made all the right moves to bring the bareboaters into the Marina. His decision to provide reasonably priced dockage was genius as well as the entertainment changes. Bareboaters spend a lot of money ashore. The return on the lower dock rates I suspect was huge. Reservations and other issues were handled quickly and efficiently. I hope the new management can continue the trend.
Posted By: captmonk

Re: Nick is leaving Leverick Bay? - 07/23/2018 10:06 PM

Not as of the last couple months. Our visit in June and again last night $1 per foot and charged for all water usage. Even got charged for a boat that they made us side tie. Being the only game in town has its advantages I suppose. We have been going there 3 times a summer for the last 15 years...5 boats at a time. Lots of spending ashore. I have tried talking with the new management twice with no response. When I ask the guys on the dock about the new pricing structure I was told that they are trying to recoup their rebuilding expenses. Oh well....Saba will be open again soon and one day BEYC. Competition is good for the soul.
Posted By: jphart

Re: Nick is leaving Leverick Bay? - 07/23/2018 11:33 PM

How bout a Go Fund Me page for Nick? wave
Posted By: texsuns

Re: Nick is leaving Leverick Bay? - 07/24/2018 04:37 PM

Enroute back home after another amazing 10 days in the BVI. Were so glad we got a chance to say goodbye and another thank you to Nick for helping make our trips better with the amenities, atmosphere, and incredible customer service at Leverick. Wishing them the best in retirement!
Posted By: Catmandu

Re: Nick is leaving Leverick Bay? - 07/24/2018 10:52 PM

He’s not retiring. Read thread.
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Nick is leaving Leverick Bay? - 07/26/2018 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Catmandu

Yes....they are. If they come back, it will not be to work....

Re: Nick is leaving Leverick Bay? - 07/26/2018 01:27 AM

You might also take a look at the Leverick Bay thread — last page — where the new GM, Rebecca, wishes them luck and provides her contact info.....

We all hope and pray that they will come back and rebuild in the BVI...but Africa will be an amazing adventure!!
Posted By: RickinAtlanta

Re: Nick is leaving Leverick Bay? - 07/26/2018 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Catmandu

Read the thread and Nick and Monzie are retiring. Hopefully to come back and rebuild their house on the hill overlooking North Sound.
Posted By: Nevermonday

Re: Nick is leaving Leverick Bay? - 07/26/2018 07:22 PM

Do not understand your concern? $1 per foot is a fabulous price and yes you would have to pay for water, did you also choose to stay at a Oil Nut Bay $5 per foot a night, or Scrub Island $2.25 per foot per night? They also could have put up their prices but they chose to keep the rate the same as always. Would love to see 5 sail boats at Saba Rocks Dock!!! Of course they are trying to recoup funds, as you would have seen the BVI was crippled by last years Hurricanes. They opened and are employing staff which a number of resorts, could have done but did not do. Management new and old are always on property as are the ladies who work in the front desk for any queries.

Re: Nick is leaving Leverick Bay? - 07/26/2018 11:04 PM

Can u point to a specific post from Nick saying he’s retiring. I don’t see one.
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Nick is leaving Leverick Bay? - 07/26/2018 11:06 PM

Since you don't know Nick, trust me, he's retiring. So quit trying to berate your point. hammer
Posted By: warren460

Re: Nick is leaving Leverick Bay? - 07/26/2018 11:07 PM

Re read the various threads. It's there.

Re: Nick is leaving Leverick Bay? - 07/26/2018 11:33 PM

Ok, but can u stop hitting me in the head, your giving me a headache. Cheers.
Posted By: GlennA

Re: Nick is leaving Leverick Bay? - 07/27/2018 02:54 PM

Nick and Monica flew out this morning heading for Watamu, Kenya.

Re: Nick is leaving Leverick Bay? - 07/31/2018 01:37 PM

Just got word from Monz’s sister - Nick, Monz, and Bounce have all arrived safely in Kenya! They are still without cell and internet service but hope to be in touch soon!!
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Nick is leaving Leverick Bay? - 07/31/2018 02:42 PM

Please forward all our love to them..we missed them here but cannot wait to see them again. The BVI's are not quite the same..
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: Nick is leaving Leverick Bay? - 07/31/2018 02:50 PM

Here is what Momzi's sister posted on Facebook this morning:

Message from Monzi, Nick & Bounce.
Safe arrival in Kenya and all is well. They do not have local cell numbers nor Internet as yet but hope to be back in circulation soon. They send lots of love to all xoxo
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline