TravelTalkOnline

Rafts / Floats

Posted By: BKlaczak

Rafts / Floats - 12/05/2019 02:33 PM

Hi everyone!

First charter coming up and had a question I couldn't find an answer to after searching through the forum. Does anywhere in Road Town sell rafts/floaties for lounging in the water? Would rather buy down there than take up space in the luggage.

Thanks!
Posted By: Kirk

Re: Rafts / Floats - 12/05/2019 03:44 PM

You can rent nice ones from places like Island Surf and Sail & Last Stop Sports. They'll deliver...
Posted By: Rush

Re: Rafts / Floats - 12/05/2019 03:46 PM

I would consider renting from Island Surf and Sail (link below). We had made the mistake of bringing several blow up floats one time. It was a total pain blowing them up and either deflating or storing them in the salon. And it would have been a pain to bring them back, so we left them there. We prefer the roll up mats that are easy to store.

https://www.bviwatertoys.com/water-floats/
Posted By: Twells

Re: Rafts / Floats - 12/05/2019 05:26 PM

I always bring a cheap float, then donate it to the island.
Posted By: SurfandSail

Re: Rafts / Floats - 12/06/2019 12:20 AM

We can help with all your rental needs. We have different floats to choose from including a 6'x18' giant float which can be teatherd to your boat while at mooring/anchor. Unfortunately, many of the blow up floats that are left for others after charters are thrown in the dumpsters and adding to our trash problems, or we often see them on shore after they have blown away from yachts. You can see all we have to offer at www.bviwatertoys.com
Posted By: BKlaczak

Re: Rafts / Floats - 12/06/2019 05:14 PM

Awesome information everyone thank you so much!

And SurfandSail, very likely I will be contacting you to reserve something. Thanks!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline