TravelTalkOnline

Anegada Suggestions?

Posted By: KTGoesAway

Anegada Suggestions? - 02/12/2020 11:11 PM

Hello from Paradise love

We are having a great week in BVI so far! Any suggestions on what to do/where to go/what to see on Anegada? Cow Wreck? The Flamingos? Any other spots you like?

Thank you!
Posted By: bailau

Re: Anegada Suggestions? - 02/12/2020 11:20 PM

Snorkel at Flash of Beauty by Loblolly

Cow Wreck One afternoon/evening

If you have 2 days have Kelly (our choice) or Sherwin take you out...they can show you flamingoes if they are out

Dinner at Potters or Wonky Dog

Please also post a pic of sunset at Setting Point....
Posted By: CottageGirl

Re: Anegada Suggestions? - 02/12/2020 11:38 PM

Cow Wreck for drinks & lunch (I believe they close at 6 pm)
Dinner at Wonky Dog
Snorkel trip and see the flamingos with Sherwin of Teamwork Charters. You can message him on facebook to make arrangements. $100 per person private tour - just you and your group!
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: Anegada Suggestions? - 02/13/2020 02:04 AM

Cow Wreck Beach is my favorite place.
Sherwin for Reef Tour.
Dinner . All will have great lobster
Posted By: Laserking

Re: Anegada Suggestions? - 02/13/2020 02:12 AM

Agree with the Cow Wreck. We were just there last week. Snorkeling at Loblolly Beach. Not a fan of Potters...music much too loud. The Wonky Dog or Neptune's is great. Great bar at the Anegada Beach Club.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Anegada Suggestions? - 02/13/2020 12:32 PM

Wonky Dog gets my vote always for dinner..Neptune's for breakfast..worth dropping by the Anegada Beach Club for drinks..lunch..love hanging at Cow Wreck.
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Anegada Suggestions? - 02/13/2020 01:27 PM

Rent a vehicle from Dean (284-544-3703) drive over to Flash of Beauty to snorkel and have a bushwhacker, drive along the north shore to ABC for a drink. Head to Cow Wreck for the inevitable party and lunch. Stop at Sid's for a drink on the way back to the dock. Great dinner choices with Wonky Dog, Lobster Trap, ARH and Potters. I also agree with breakfast at Neptune's. As said earlier, if you have time, take the tour with Sherwin or Kelly.
Posted By: Rhindley

Re: Anegada Suggestions? - 02/13/2020 04:44 PM

I know I'm in the minority, but I would skip Anegada...
Posted By: Riverfrontbrewer

Re: Anegada Suggestions? - 02/13/2020 05:08 PM

Rhindley - Can you expand on why you would skip Anegada?

Thanks -

Chris
Posted By: sail445

Re: Anegada Suggestions? - 02/13/2020 07:45 PM

When the wind is blowing hard the snorkeling is a bit murky, but otherwise Anegada is a good place to chill out at anyone of the beach bars.
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Anegada Suggestions? - 02/13/2020 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Rhindley

Why even comment when you've got nothing to offer, SMDH
Posted By: mcevog

Re: Anegada Suggestions? - 02/13/2020 09:24 PM

had the best day of our week so far on Anegada - Monday afternoon drift snorkeling the Horseshoe reef and a visit to Conch Island with Kevin (picked us up and dropped us back to our boat in the anchorage... then Monday evening dinner & party with the Limbo Dancing crowd at Potters By the Sea... great fun for all of us onboard. The sail up and back was a delight as well with steady easterly 19-20kt winds... Excellent fun had by all. Dont skip it!
Posted By: sail445

Re: Anegada Suggestions? - 02/14/2020 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by tradewinds

You haven’t offered anything positive only negativity. So what are complaining about?
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Anegada Suggestions? - 02/14/2020 01:16 AM

I love Anegada..It may not be for everyone but the only way you will ever find out is to go there..like most things in life. So many armchair critics...so few who get out of the Barca Lounger and live the life..or at least sample it.
Posted By: sunman60

Re: Anegada Suggestions? - 02/17/2020 07:23 PM

so we love Flash of Beauty beach for rays & snorkelling; & Sid's or Potters for lobster, Sid's quiet & sophisticated, potters loud & fun, many a great night dancing on the beach smile
Posted By: warren460

Re: Anegada Suggestions? - 02/17/2020 08:55 PM

Try the wonky dog. The food is outstanding. Finest on the island. We are having dinner there tonight.
Posted By: TorontoBoater

Re: Anegada Suggestions? - 02/17/2020 09:06 PM

Just an FYI there is no better place to eat than the Wonky Dog. Unless you have eaten there you really may think another restuarant was great but eating at the wonky dog is my highlight of my vacation . My favorite is the firecracker shrimp and he lobster is amazing . Let Peter know you heard it from Paul.
Posted By: bailau

Re: Anegada Suggestions? - 02/17/2020 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by warren460
Try the wonky dog. The food is outstanding. Finest on the island. We are having dinner there tonight.

I think at this point you need to change your residency my friend...have a great time..:)
Posted By: Five Faces

Re: Anegada Suggestions? - 02/17/2020 09:42 PM

If you like hot/spicy food the Jerk Mango Coconut Lobster at Wonky Dog is the best lobster I've ever had!!!
Posted By: KTGoesAway

Re: Anegada Suggestions? - 02/17/2020 10:41 PM

Barca Lounger! I like your style!!
Posted By: ligot

Re: Anegada Suggestions? - 02/18/2020 02:05 AM

Cow Wreck Beach is literally my favorite place on earth. We've heard good things about Anegada Beach Club and plan to stop in next time there. Wonky is always primary but may look for an alternative just to break it up and try something new. Not sure where that will lead us. Knowing us, just back to WD. smile

Re: Anegada Suggestions? - 02/18/2020 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by ligot
Cow Wreck Beach is literally my favorite place on earth. We've heard good things about Anegada Beach Club and plan to stop in next time there. Wonky is always primary but may look for an alternative just to break it up and try something new. Not sure where that will lead us. Knowing us, just back to WD. smile

Wonky Dog is great. Peter is one helluva chef and Desnee always has a great scotch stash. But if you want to try something different check out Sid's. I've had a few meals there and all were very good. He has a very beautiful bar and the sunset from his dining area is nice.

Re: Anegada Suggestions? - 02/18/2020 09:03 PM

Can you anchor by sids and comfortably come to shore?

Re: Anegada Suggestions? - 02/19/2020 01:21 PM

I believe it was a Christo post mentioning anchoring out there and have seen boats out there while eating.

Re: Anegada Suggestions? - 02/19/2020 01:24 PM

Christi likely posted relevant details a year ago.

Re: Anegada Suggestions? - 02/19/2020 01:43 PM

Agreed. I certainly don't want to give false information as I have never anchored. Just going by memory. I'm hoping someone else chimes in that has done it already. Hope you are having a great time Warren. Look forward to meeting up with you again in the future.

Re: Anegada Suggestions? - 02/19/2020 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by tradewinds

That is my offer...Anegada isn't woth it to me. Why are you commenting me? You have absolutely nothing to offer the conversation.

Re: Anegada Suggestions? - 02/19/2020 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Riverfrontbrewer

Rhindley - Can you expand on why you would skip Anegada?

Thanks -

Chris

For me, it was a lot of hype without much return. Unless you want to do it just to get a decent sail in...there are other places that are just as nice... in my opinion. Like I said, I know I'm in the minority
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline