TravelTalkOnline

Re-entry BVI fees

Posted By: DaveZ

Re-entry BVI fees - 03/04/2020 08:05 PM

We are chartering with Horizon out of Nanny Cay and thinking of running over to St. John for a few days. I have CBP Roam, and hoping the boat has the right sticker, but curious what the re-entry charges are coming back to BVI, would probably clear in at Great Harbor.
Not being lazy, I searched it but what people report for fees seem to be all over the place.
Thanks
Posted By: FLJim

Re: Re-entry BVI fees - 03/04/2020 09:32 PM

After clearing in to BVIs from USVI many times, I'm pretty sure the fees are calculated by multiplying the number of days until the next full moon by the number of passengers in the last boat to clear in, then adding the number of posts on the last Boatyball thread on TTOL.
Posted By: knitsoftwear

Re: Re-entry BVI fees - 03/04/2020 09:32 PM

I like your math
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: Re-entry BVI fees - 03/05/2020 12:09 AM

Usually not bad.... unless you invoke an "overtime fee". Do not enter BVI waters until C&I opens.
Posted By: warren460

Re: Re-entry BVI fees - 03/05/2020 01:00 AM

$1 per foot harbor fee plus service fees. The harbor fee is relatively new.
Posted By: sunshine44

Re: Re-entry BVI fees - 03/05/2020 01:17 AM

We check out of Great Harbor a few weeks ago and went to St. John.
Check out $2.00 customs services and forms fee( be sure to bring small bills)
Check into and out of the USVI $0.00
Check back into BVI $70.00
$1.00 per foot, we are on a 44’ cat
$20.00 environmental tax ($10 per person)
$5.00 customs service
$1.00 forms fee

Re: Re-entry BVI fees - 03/05/2020 04:47 AM

Why did you pay the environment tax. Had you not already paid when you checked out to St. John?
Posted By: GlennA

Re: Re-entry BVI fees - 03/05/2020 11:17 AM

Let me get this straight. You are on a BVI registered charter boat and go to the USVI and got charged the harbor fee and environmental fee? The environmental fee is supposed to be on original entry.
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Re-entry BVI fees - 03/05/2020 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by FLJim
After clearing in to BVIs from USVI many times, I'm pretty sure the fees are calculated by multiplying the number of days until the next full moon by the number of passengers in the last boat to clear in, then adding the number of posts on the last Boatyball thread on TTOL.

Seems about right.

Re: Re-entry BVI fees - 03/05/2020 05:32 PM

Hahaha, I'm in trouble b/c math is hard.....
Posted By: sail445

Re: Re-entry BVI fees - 03/05/2020 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by GlennA
Let me get this straight. You are on a BVI registered charter boat and go to the USVI and got charged the harbor fee and environmental fee? The environmental fee is supposed to be on original entry.

They checked out of the BVI so coming back in is a new entry.

Re: Re-entry BVI fees - 03/05/2020 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by sail445

They checked out of the BVI so coming back in is a new entry.

Pre Irma they did not have a harbor fee and customarily environmental tax not triggered again. I believe on a big poster at EIS, this is also stated not to be paid twice.

Government greed is not limited to USA.

Re: Re-entry BVI fees - 03/05/2020 11:40 PM

see

https://www.bvitourism.com/environmental-and-tourism-levy-0

Clearly states visitors re-entering on same trip not required to pay environmental fee again.

Re: Re-entry BVI fees - 03/06/2020 01:14 AM

Exactly. We have never been asked to pay again.
Posted By: Breeze

Re: Re-entry BVI fees - 03/06/2020 01:37 AM

It's worth asking the BVI charter company for an itemized list of fees paid. I know we've always been given one, so perhaps it's worth KNOWING where that paperwork is located when leaving the charter dock.

Given that BVI customs offices notoriously require cash payment, one can just imagine how darned difficult it is to account for every 20 $ bill.
Posted By: Quiet Flight

Re: Re-entry BVI fees - 03/06/2020 01:50 AM

Dave, which boat out of Horizon? We’ve got a cat there registered for CBP Roam with DTOPS and a Foreign Fishing Vessel License.
Posted By: FLJim

Re: Re-entry BVI fees - 03/06/2020 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Breeze

Given that BVI customs offices notoriously require cash payment, one can just imagine how darned difficult it is to account for every 20 $ bill.

Not true - I've used credit cards for years.
Posted By: sail445

Re: Re-entry BVI fees - 03/06/2020 02:25 PM

Yes it’s very clear, it would be a good idea to keep a picture of the law so others don’t get stuck paying twice like Sunshine 44

Re: Re-entry BVI fees - 03/07/2020 05:46 PM

46' Bavaria Mono, Hakuna Matata III. I called Horizon and was told it had DTOPS as well. Hoping so bc CBP Roam seems like the way to go.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline