TravelTalkOnline

A new concept?

Posted By: Michel_Benarrosh

A new concept? - 04/01/2020 08:01 PM

Hi all...

Amid the pandemic, some creative charter companies (it should be announced shortly) have planned to offer virtual charter cruises, probably via Zoom or Webex, or MS team. All we will need is a large monitor (computer of TV) to enjoy al the images of the cruise.
A typical cruise, most probably shorter to avoid boredom, will be like 2 or 3 days, and take guests to the best Caribbean anchorages, as well as offer virtual activities, like kayaking, virtual BBQs, etc.
Needless to say, the cruises will be offered at a tiny fraction of the original price. But I guess the idea for the charter companies is to entertain, build fidelity and procure some evasion in the midst of the crap happening right now...

Sailonline.com will post details within the next 2 days.

Cheers and stay safe everyone!

Michel Benarrosh
sailonline.com
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: A new concept? - 04/01/2020 08:25 PM

April Fool's!
Posted By: 706jim

Re: A new concept? - 04/01/2020 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by tradewinds
April Fool's!

Really? I was looking forward to not using bug spray!
Posted By: DanS

Re: A new concept? - 04/02/2020 02:08 AM

We can always count on you Michel. Apparently even in these crazy times. smile

Dan cheers
Posted By: kneafseym

Re: A new concept? - 04/02/2020 08:09 AM

Michel does a great job coming up with these every year. Let's do our best not to announce the April Fools next year and just see if we get some fools. That is the fun!
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: A new concept? - 04/02/2020 11:10 AM

I once made a April fools post about a company gaining control of the mooring balls in the BVI and handing them out on a priority basis to their clients. I guess it’s not April fools anymore!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline