TravelTalkOnline

Covid insurance

Posted By: macaroni

Covid insurance - 01/18/2021 10:50 PM

What exactly do you have to upload to show you have covid insurance? The policy? Looking at purchasing a policy with minimum coverage...it says covid covered under medical and trip cancellation? Is that all that’s needed?
Thanks....
Next I have to figure where to get a test within the time frame and get the results in time!
Posted By: gordaguy2

Re: Covid insurance - 01/19/2021 05:01 PM

I think you need a policy that pays for the medical part of having covid not trip cancellation - Air Canada and Westjet are actually providing it for "free" accompanying a plane ticket.
Posted By: macaroni

Re: Covid insurance - 01/19/2021 05:13 PM

so, the ones I am looking at... say covid coverage "under the medical coverage". I am guessing that will do it.... will i then have to upload the policy?
Posted By: gordaguy2

Re: Covid insurance - 01/19/2021 09:55 PM

Within 24-48 hours before getting on the plane -
Posted By: Husker

Re: Covid insurance - 01/21/2021 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by macaroni
What exactly do you have to upload to show you have covid insurance? The policy? Looking at purchasing a policy with minimum coverage...it says covid covered under medical and trip cancellation? Is that all that’s needed?
Thanks....
Next I have to figure where to get a test within the time frame and get the results in time!

Macaroni - That was the hardest part of our trip. Getting the test results in time to upload and get the travel approval. they give you a 5-day window which is doable. Originally it was 3-day, which was impossible for most travelers. Once you get there, the protocols are annoying, but easy.
Posted By: Skindeep

Re: Covid insurance - 01/21/2021 07:01 PM

Doesn't most people's typical medical insurance cover the "medical part of COVID?"
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Covid insurance - 01/21/2021 07:08 PM

I think the government was worried people wouldn't have the funds to pay for two weeks' quarantine in a hotel if they had a positive test.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Covid insurance - 01/21/2021 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Skindeep
Doesn't most people's typical medical insurance cover the "medical part of COVID?"

Not necessarily internationally.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline