TravelTalkOnline

Anegada connections

Posted By: ladyvol

Anegada connections - 02/13/2021 06:08 PM

Is it possible to leave Anegada on the 8:30am ferry to Road Town and make a flight that leaves EIS at noon? How strict are they on the 2 hour check-in window with the current Covid restrictions? Apparently VI Airlink isn't flying right now, so the only other option is a charter flight for 2 people ($$$). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Anegada connections - 02/13/2021 06:36 PM

Hate to say it but that sounds very tight..no room for any delays. Best to spend you last night on Tortola.
Posted By: gordaguy2

Re: Anegada connections - 02/13/2021 08:25 PM

Agree with Manpot - are you flying to SJU after?
Posted By: sleepychef

Re: Anegada connections - 02/14/2021 12:36 AM

VI Airlink are flying again, they have flights this weekend.

Whats day are you flying out? Mon/Wed/Fri you would need to get a taxi from town but midday flight should not be a problem, I have done it a few times.

The other days Anegada Express run, but I would not count on them even though they would take you direct to Trellis.

The are plenty of boat operators who can take you direct from Anegada to Beef island for a flight if you are worried.

Sherwin, Micheal, Kelly

Re: Anegada connections - 02/15/2021 02:13 PM

Got in contact with VI Airlink. Currently, they will only fly for 5 passengers. We will be flying EIS - SJU - ATL. Booking Delta/Seabourne code share ticket with no checked luggage. Will be looking into the private boat operator idea. It sounds great except for the fact that seasickness is the reason our BVI trips are land-based only. Two weeks on Anegada will be worth a little suffering.
Posted By: sleepychef

Re: Anegada connections - 02/15/2021 05:02 PM

They will also fly if you purchase 5 tickets ,might be an option compared to boat ride, also a chance to get refunded if people join your flight.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Anegada connections - 02/16/2021 01:47 PM

Since you're only going one-way, purchasing the 5 tickets will probably be the cheapest option.

Last night, the ferry ran late and we had to stop in Virgin Gorda. The 5pm boat got to Road Town around 6:45. That would make it too tight for a 12pm flight.

Re: Anegada connections - 02/16/2021 09:53 PM

You guys were correct (as always). Buying 5 tickets on VI AIrlink is cheaper than the boat option. As the difference was less than $100, we decided to "buy local" and keep our money on Anegada. We will be riding to Tortola with Sherwin when we head home. My brain is fried from all the moving parts of making this trip schedule work. On March 18 when I sit down on the porch at D&H Villas to watch the sunset, it will all be worth it. Since we rarely leave the porch when we are there, the 4 day quarantine will not be a burden. Thank you all for your assistance!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline