TravelTalkOnline

Crew gratuity question

Posted By: justwantanisland

Crew gratuity question - 03/13/2021 03:55 PM

I'm curious if the same gratuity amount applies if the crew are also the owners of the yacht and not hired crew?
In the states if the owner of a hair salon is giving the cut or bar owner is bartending they generally don't want tipped but if one of their employees are providing the service then obviously they are tipped.

Our first charter so I just want to make sure we are doing the right thing. Thanks.
Posted By: RickG

Re: Crew gratuity question - 03/13/2021 06:03 PM

Tip.

Cheers, RickG
Posted By: Husker

Re: Crew gratuity question - 03/13/2021 06:28 PM

tipping from owners is definitely expected. even more so now that crews have had almost no income for the last year.

Re: Crew gratuity question - 03/13/2021 07:28 PM

Great point Husker. Thanks for info.
Posted By: WillM

Re: Crew gratuity question - 03/14/2021 03:22 PM

Agree with other posts. We were just down last month. I found myself tipping sometimes up to 100% for drinks / meals etc. Especially since there is basically noone down there and I had the chance to have conversations with several of the folks working restaurants. Once you hear how things are going - you will tip generously also!

Their spirits and optimism is very impressive to see / hear!

Let's hope this current situation doesn't go into next year.

Re: Crew gratuity question - 03/14/2021 03:47 PM

No doubt going to spend and tip generously. Just was wondering about charter owners but all good information and we will do our part to help any way we can. thanks.
Posted By: VirginGordaResident

Re: Crew gratuity question - 03/14/2021 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by justwantanisland
No doubt going to spend and tip generously. Just was wondering about charter owners but all good information and we will do our part to help any way we can. thanks.

If you want to throw a couple bucks my way feel free
Posted By: Breeze

Re: Crew gratuity question - 03/14/2021 11:41 PM

Not this again. Please say it isn't so.

Re: Crew gratuity question - 03/15/2021 02:09 AM

?? Not sure if I asked something that was asked many times before or not but just wanted to make sure I knew. Thanks again for the info.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline