TravelTalkOnline

need suggestions for broker for 1st crewed charter

Posted By: mslish

need suggestions for broker for 1st crewed charter - 03/30/2021 08:10 PM

Hi,

I'm looking to book our very first crewed charter. Being a complete newbie to both chartering and the BVIs, I definitely want to use a broker. Any suggestions for a particularly good one? Ideally, we'd like a broker who is very comfortable with first-timers (so, okay with a LOT of hand-holding) and can help ensure a really good match with the crew and boat.

Thanks in advance!
Posted By: Husker

Re: need suggestions for broker for 1st crewed charter - 03/30/2021 08:39 PM

I can give you a couple suggestions. I own a crewed boat in the Moorings fleet, but can also give you a couple other suggestions for direct bookings with other charter companies as well as brokers. Contact me at clloyd309@gmail.com.
Cheers,
Chris
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: need suggestions for broker for 1st crewed charter - 03/31/2021 12:40 PM

yachtcatatonic.com

Dirk and Sandy DeLo have been in the BVI for YEARS as pro captains (both of them) and crew - if their own boat, Catatonic, doesn’t suit your needs? They can help you find one that will. One stop shopping at its finest.

My friend, David Liegot, also has Tortuga, a Lagoon45 in charter there with a crew - based in USVI.
chartercaribe.com/charter/tortuga
Posted By: Time Will Tell

Re: need suggestions for broker for 1st crewed charter - 03/31/2021 12:41 PM

Our first (and only) crewed charter was done through the Moorings - and went incredibly well. Probably wasn't the cheapest, but we figured we would do something incredibly established the first time, and branch out from there!

Have fun, you're going to love it!
Posted By: LocalSailor

Re: need suggestions for broker for 1st crewed charter - 03/31/2021 03:22 PM

I have known and worked with Ellen for many years -- a good local knowledge and very familiar with the boats and crews -- as helpful as any broker could possibly be.

http://www.visailing.com/about_us/ellen-stewart-bio.php
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline