TravelTalkOnline

Covid Travel Insurance

Posted By: Crank

Covid Travel Insurance - 04/05/2021 08:10 PM

Hi,

We have booked a boat in May!

Now I am navigating what we have to do to get there from here - US. And all that.

Question: Our medical insurance covers us for urgent care and hospital stays, will that be sufficient for the BVI travel authorization forms or do we need to purchase a specific "Covid" policy? If so what does that entail and how much should we expect to pay?

Thanks
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Covid Travel Insurance - 04/05/2021 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Crank
Hi,

We have booked a boat in May!

Now I am navigating what we have to do to get there from here - US. And all that.

Question: Our medical insurance covers us for urgent care and hospital stays, will that be sufficient for the BVI travel authorization forms or do we need to purchase a specific "Covid" policy? If so what does that entail and how much should we expect to pay?

Thanks

Does it cover "urgent care and hospital stays" internationally? If so, that's probably sufficient. Our most recent guests only had a letter from Blue Cross Blue Shield that specified their coverage included international care. No mention of Covid or quarantine cost and it was accepted.
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Covid Travel Insurance - 04/05/2021 08:27 PM

The Gateway did not like our generic "international emergency coverage". We were asked to submit proof of medical coverage that was specific to COVID as well as medical evacuation coverage.
Posted By: Crank

Re: Covid Travel Insurance - 04/05/2021 08:39 PM

[/quote]
Does it cover "urgent care and hospital stays" internationally? If so, that's probably sufficient. Our most recent guests only had a letter from Blue Cross Blue Shield that specified their coverage included international care. No mention of Covid or quarantine cost and it was accepted.[/quote]

It does. Our insurance co. is sending me a letter with that information.

Thanks
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Covid Travel Insurance - 04/07/2021 01:10 PM

MIDiver - were you able to get that from your insurance company? I have Florida Blue and it covers me for international emergencies....
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Covid Travel Insurance - 04/07/2021 03:04 PM

Winterstale - no I was not. I secured a separate policy and supplied the "Health Visa" letter specifying COVID coverage and medical evac coverage.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline