TravelTalkOnline

Water taxi services

Posted By: Husker

Water taxi services - 04/26/2021 02:31 PM

I'm looking at Dolphin Water Taxi and Island Time Water Taxi for an upcoming trip. Island Time looks to be a little less expensive. Does anyone have any recent experience using either one of these services? Any recommendations?
Thanks!

Re: Water taxi services - 04/26/2021 02:32 PM

I should add - this is to and from STT and BVI.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Water taxi services - 04/26/2021 02:55 PM

Not sure how soon your trip is but no dates have been announced to allow water taxis to deliver guest into the BVI.

Re: Water taxi services - 04/26/2021 03:15 PM

Hi Jason - Understood. Our trip is in July. I was originally planning to use the air route in to BVI that Dolphin is offering. They quoted me the water route for July bc they feel the current entry protocols will be changing by then. We shall see.
Thanks,
Chris.
Posted By: CaptnAndy

Re: Water taxi services - 04/27/2021 06:17 PM

We've had some great experiences with Island Time (Pre-Covid) Michelle in the office is great. We had several pick ups and deliveries of crew. They showed up where they were suppose to, when they where suppose to. Our crew loved the ride between Red Hook and the BVI. Customs was a breeze. Our crew sat on the boat, sipping an adult beverage while the boat captain took the passports and cleared into the BVI. I'm sure it won't be quite that simple now. Our crews voted on using a water taxi over the ferry the past several years. It's more expensive, no doubt, but after an overnight flight to St. Thomas, it was a welcome treat.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Water taxi services - 04/27/2021 06:26 PM

The water taxi is a tremendous convenience but keep in mind at the moment it’s not available to enter the BVI. It’s expensive but one of the reasons for that is the BVI government made it very difficult for USVI based companies to operate at competitive prices. They were and are basically hostile to non BVI water taxis. The changes they made essentially amount to yet another tourist tax.

Re: Water taxi services - 04/28/2021 02:34 PM

George - Do you know if Island Time Water Taxi is BVI based? They are a little less expensive than Dolphin.
Posted By: ecm56

Re: Water taxi services - 04/28/2021 02:46 PM

I believe Island Time is BVI based.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Water taxi services - 04/28/2021 04:56 PM

Based in Nanny Cay Tortola
Posted By: leeguice

Re: Water taxi services - 04/29/2021 09:51 AM

We have many years of GREAT experience with Ocean Dreams. They can take you anywhere in BVI.
Posted By: zubin singh

Re: Water taxi services - 04/30/2021 11:42 AM

water taxi service is a great initiative one should thought of it
Posted By: Breeze

Re: Water taxi services - 04/30/2021 10:19 PM

hammer duh smashpc

Re: Water taxi services - 04/30/2021 10:26 PM

Yeah, didn't follow that one either.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline