TravelTalkOnline

Fishing

Posted By: jbord

Fishing - 05/03/2021 12:29 PM

Looking for recommendations on fishing guides. We will be chartering June 5-13 with stops in at least Virgin Gorda-North Sound, Anegada, Jost, Norman Island. Any guide recommendations and past experiences you may have are appreciated? Worth while for four south Louisiana guys?
Thanks!
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Fishing - 05/03/2021 01:24 PM

Get a license and troll behind the boat! You never know what you will catch!
G
Posted By: Will_L

Re: Fishing - 05/03/2021 03:00 PM

Anyone have current link to purchase the recreational fishing license?
Posted By: Time Will Tell

Re: Fishing - 05/03/2021 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Will_L
Anyone have current link to purchase the recreational fishing license?

Looks like this should work!

Recreational Fishing Permit

Good luck and have fun!

Re: Fishing - 05/03/2021 03:54 PM

Link to actual form:
https://bvi.gov.vg/sites/default/fi...temporary_fishing_licence_-_form_20a.pdf
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Fishing - 05/03/2021 04:52 PM

Danny Vanterpool is a great guide for bonefishing on Anegada.
Posted By: NWA4Sail

Re: Fishing - 05/03/2021 06:06 PM

I'll second Danny Vanterpool!
dannysbonefishing.com
Posted By: Artifactual

Re: Fishing - 05/05/2021 04:23 PM

Just back from 14 days in the BVI.We fished two days on the north drop of Anegada, Hooked up two nice sail fish and a few Mahi....
Get some ballyhoo and have at it. Also take a sabiki rig to catch some live bait for the Tarpon at night. Caught a dozen or so while we were there all ranging from about 40 lbs to 80 lbs, they are fun to catch in the shallow water as they jump a ton in that situation.

Re: Fishing - 05/05/2021 04:54 PM

Do you have a good source for Ballyhoo? We’re you trolling off a sailboat or did you charter a fishing boat?
G

Re: Fishing - 05/05/2021 09:04 PM

I took my own and rigged them there....along with some skirts and chugger heads... we were fishing behind a 52' lagoon sailing cat. the bite was hot the second day, lots of weed lines however they had been blown apart pretty bad... look for the birds and temp changes on the drop. We had the best action directly about a mile to a mile and a half north of Cow wreck where the drop is highly concentrated on the depth contours... temp is key

if you want to get some in tortola Last Stop Sports has them but they are pricey... $18 for three pre-rigged
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Fishing - 05/05/2021 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Artifactual
I took my own and rigged them there....along with some skirts and chugger heads... we were fishing behind a 52' lagoon sailing cat. the bite was hot the second day, lots of weed lines however they had been blown apart pretty bad... look for the birds and temp changes on the drop. We had the best action directly about a mile to a mile and a half north of Cow wreck where the drop is highly concentrated on the depth contours... temp is key

if you want to get some in tortola Last Stop Sports has them but they are pricey... $18 for three pre-rigged

Were you out there Saturday or Sunday, the 24th/25th? Think we saw you from the beach at Cow Wreck if you came in towards the reef.

Re: Fishing - 05/05/2021 09:43 PM

you caught me :-] we were out there on Sunday. Two Mahi and a nice football tuna......we stayed till about noon and headedsouth outside the reef back to oil nut. managed to get into a pod of Humpbacks on the way back down... first time for me, was really special seeing them breech...
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline