TravelTalkOnline

Unvaccinated Children with vaccinated parents

Posted By: NoelHall

Unvaccinated Children with vaccinated parents - 05/03/2021 03:08 PM

Our group has been told by Scrub Island Marriott that unvaccinated children take the same status as their vaccinated parents. They gave us the phone number of the BVI Tourist Board of (284) 852-6020, which I phoned and confirmed children arriving either by ferry or airline with their vaccinated parents, will be free from quarantine protocol once they receive negative Covid test result given upon arrival. She was clear in her response. Anyone heard differently?
Posted By: MKGrey

Re: Unvaccinated Children with vaccinated parents - 05/03/2021 03:12 PM

NoelHall, thanks for this update. Did they specify the ages of the children this applies to? Is it all children under the age of 18? Under the age of 16?
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Unvaccinated Children with vaccinated parents - 05/03/2021 03:52 PM

Great news! Thank you for posting.
G
Posted By: jenhum

Re: Unvaccinated Children with vaccinated parents - 05/03/2021 04:24 PM

Oh wow, I sure hope this is true! We are going down in June and everyone is vaccinated except my 12 year old daughter. I have been thinking about taking her down 5 days early so everyone doesn't have to do the extended quarantine, but obviously that adds a lot of extra time and expense. I am hoping an official announcement of that plus a few other details for vaccinated travelers is coming from the government soon.
Posted By: NoelHall

Re: Unvaccinated Children with vaccinated parents - 05/03/2021 04:41 PM

I only referred to 'children and their vaccinated parents', and did not ask for the definition of 'children'. I did mention I was specifically speaking of children 6, 8 and 13. She responded once the arrival test was returned 'negative', we were free to go (no quarantine).
Posted By: Will_L

Re: Unvaccinated Children with vaccinated parents - 05/03/2021 05:18 PM

Great deal. Please post if anyone hears differently.
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Unvaccinated Children with vaccinated parents - 05/03/2021 07:01 PM

Hopefully they clarify this via an official government statement soon.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Unvaccinated Children with vaccinated parents - 05/03/2021 07:37 PM

I know at least 3 people with their favorite charter companies on speed dial. The minute the government makes it official they are dialing!
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Unvaccinated Children with vaccinated parents - 05/03/2021 10:05 PM

Big uptick in positives today - 24. Most on Day 0 or 4. False positives from recently vaccinated travelers?????
Posted By: Will_L

Re: Unvaccinated Children with vaccinated parents - 05/03/2021 11:53 PM

FDA said to be okaying Pfizer Covid vaccine for 12-15 yr early this or next week I heard on the news. Be a good idea to shoot up those kids eligible and going ASAP in case cases cause bvi to change the presumed now lack of quarantine for kids. Would take 5 weeks from first shot ..so depending on your dates might well have time for those in 12-15 group. I believe there is Pfizer vaccine available with little wait if check around most places.
Posted By: gordaguy2

Re: Unvaccinated Children with vaccinated parents - 05/04/2021 12:10 PM

Great news for villa rentals - most are for extended families
Posted By: maytrix

Re: Unvaccinated Children with vaccinated parents - 05/04/2021 01:15 PM

This is good news. We are hoping to go down in July. It has been 5 years since we've been down, far too long! We'll be watching for some official word on this.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline