TravelTalkOnline

Leverick Bay

Posted By: louismcc

Leverick Bay - 05/08/2021 05:35 PM

I was checking their website and it says the laundromat is currently unavailable due construction of the new Chef's Pantry building. Has anyone visited recently and can give an update? We aren't going until July

Also, and I certainly don't want to open up a BoatyBall discussion, but from their map it appears that mooring balls close to Leverick are reserve only and out towards Malone Bay are BoatBall FCFS balls. Does that leave any strictly Leverick Bay controlled balls or all of them BoatyBall.

Finally, it appears we won't be stuck with a 4 day quarantine but if something were to change, in looking at the map of mooring balls, how does one tell where Leverick Bay ends and Malone Bay begins?
Posted By: gordaguy2

Re: Leverick Bay - 05/08/2021 08:23 PM

The new store is under construction - count on a couple of months at least -you can get laundry done in Spanish town at Steven's Laundry

Re: Leverick Bay - 05/08/2021 10:46 PM

Thanks for the response.

We like to camp out a couple of nights at Leverick, take the long trip to the Baths and catch up on the laundry at night. I was also planning to reprovision while there.

Not a fan of VGYH but that dates back to when we were on boats without AC so may need to plan a stop there.
Posted By: Nibj

Re: Leverick Bay - 05/08/2021 11:08 PM

Is there anywhere at Leverick to buy stores?
Posted By: gordaguy2

Re: Leverick Bay - 05/09/2021 01:21 PM

You mean food? yes the grocery store took over Pusser's location under the restaurant.
Posted By: bailau

Re: Leverick Bay - 05/09/2021 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by louismcc
Thanks for the response.

We like to camp out a couple of nights at Leverick, take the long trip to the Baths and catch up on the laundry at night. I was also planning to reprovision while there.

Not a fan of VGYH but that dates back to when we were on boats without AC so may need to plan a stop there.

Louis-

I will be doing the trip 14 JUN - 28 JUN and plan 2 days at Leverick and will report back. We usually take a cab down to Baths and Coco Maya and if we have to provision down there will do. Like you not a fan of VGYH...

But will report back

Re: Leverick Bay - 05/09/2021 05:40 PM

Thanks bailau. We like to camp out at Leverick for a mid-trip break. In 2018 we ducked into a slip in advance of an approaching tropical storm (which fell apart before arrival) and ended up spending 3 nights. The long taxi ride to the Baths is worth it for the scenery.

Our Day 0 is 06/30 at Moorings. I'm sure glad we're all vaccinated because a 7 day quarantine on even a 14 day trip would probably have forced us to postpone another year.
Posted By: calsail

Re: Leverick Bay - 05/09/2021 09:20 PM

Is the move of the grocery store a good thing? what is in the old building?
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Leverick Bay - 05/09/2021 10:36 PM

I liked Pussers!
G
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Leverick Bay - 05/10/2021 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by calsail
Is the move of the grocery store a good thing? what is in the old building?

It's under construction. I think the store is moving back there.
Posted By: Bo Scott

Re: Leverick Bay - 05/10/2021 02:26 PM

we did not use the boaty balls because so many where available. If i remember correctly the boaty balls at Liverick are closer to the marina side, we stayed closer to Malone bay and it was awesome.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline