TravelTalkOnline

No Charge?

Posted By: RobertD

No Charge? - 05/16/2021 03:28 PM

Two weeks ago I went through the portal, completed what I could and paid $175 at the end with usual notice re: contact for anything missing. I do not remember that there was a vaccination question at the time. Today my wife completed her application, responded yes to the vaccination question, got her application number with notice of review, but was not asked for payment. So post May 15th is there no charge if vaccinated? Or will that come in a few days when the negative PCR is posted?
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: No Charge? - 05/16/2021 03:44 PM

We had the identical experience. Ratman was charged $175 and not asked for vaccination. A day later I had to upload vaccination but was not charged. I believe they are updating the portal. They told us prior home inspections were no longer valid and we had to be approved for home quarantine before proceeding.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: No Charge? - 05/16/2021 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by RobertD
Two weeks ago I went through the portal, completed what I could and paid $175 at the end with usual notice re: contact for anything missing. I do not remember that there was a vaccination question at the time. Today my wife completed her application, responded yes to the vaccination question, got her application number with notice of review, but was not asked for payment. So post May 15th is there no charge if vaccinated? Or will that come in a few days when the negative PCR is posted?

There is still a charge of $105 but I think they may collect on arrival as the portal was built for the $175 fee and the logic may not be in place to charge a different amount yet.
Posted By: RobertD

Re: No Charge? - 05/16/2021 04:30 PM

That’s ok, especially if I get a refund at the same time!
Posted By: LauraTheTshirtGal

Re: No Charge? - 05/16/2021 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by RatmansWife
We had the identical experience. Ratman was charged $175 and not asked for vaccination. A day later I had to upload vaccination but was not charged. I believe they are updating the portal. They told us prior home inspections were no longer valid and we had to be approved for home quarantine before proceeding.

Can you expand on that a bit, why were prior home inspections no longer valid?

Re: No Charge? - 05/16/2021 06:10 PM

"Can you expand on that a bit, why were prior home inspections no longer valid?"
[/quote]

Because no one has stayed there in the six months since the house was physically inspected by Environmental Health. Only the maid and gardener have been maintaining it. Maybe they're thinking a solid stone house relocated itself, or that we asked to have the toilets removed. One of the beautiful mysteries of BVI bureaucracy!
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: No Charge? - 05/17/2021 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by RatmansWife
"Can you expand on that a bit, why were prior home inspections no longer valid?"
. Only the maid and gardener have been maintaining it. Maybe they're thinking a solid stone house relocated itself, or that we asked to have the toilets removed. One of the beautiful mysteries of BVI bureaucracy![/quote]

Why would you remove the toilets if you are moving the house? (JK I know The
Logic)

Re: No Charge? - 05/18/2021 01:22 AM

https://bvi.gov.vg/sites/default/files/home_quarantine_checklist_-_revised_-_5-14-21_0.pdf

Here is the home quarantine form, to be used by anyone wanting to quarantine on their boat or in their house. It says it's for residents, but it's for everyone.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline