TravelTalkOnline

Potters

Posted By: GeorgeC1

Potters - 07/09/2021 12:38 AM

We are at Anegada tonight. I have never eaten at Potters and based on strong forum recommendations decided to try it tonight. We made our reservations at noon and asked for 6:30. We were told they did not seat until 7 which was fine. We arrived at 6:55 and were promptly seated. They brought are salads right away but informed us after that we had to be completely done with dinner by 8 PM as they had other quests coming. They brought our food quickly which was quite frankly terrible. The lobsters were overcooked to the point of almost jerky and not flavorful. Baked potato was completely dry even though I asked for butter. No one enjoyed there meal and on receiving the bill they tacked on a mandatory 20% service charge.
This was in direct contrast to my meal two weeks ago at the Wonky Dog that was fantastic with great food and service. I had BVI newbies with me and frankly I was embarrassed.
G
Posted By: bailau

Re: Potters - 07/09/2021 12:57 AM

Sorry to hear my friend...we have always eaten at Potters one night and Wonky Dog the 2nd night in Anegada

We have found both historically great and some of the 2021 Jun trips best memories are from Potters with Sam. The food when we went 6/20 was excellent but of course they didn't have the 25 person restriction so we weren't rushed and they were happy to have people back.

Peter at Wonky is certainly first class.....

Hope the rest of the trip goes well
Posted By: louismcc

Re: Potters - 07/09/2021 03:09 AM

We ate at Anegada Reef Hotel tonight but there was only 1 lobster left when we placed our order. So the 5 of us ordered other entrees and shared the lobster as an appetizer. It was very good as were the other entrees.

We have reservations at Wonky Dog tomorrow but with the announcement I just read about being takeout only I guess that much anticipated meal is shot. We also have 6 more days on our charter with plans for at least 4 dinners out and a day at Cow Wreck tomorrow for lunch. Great, so we can eat stuff on board that we could get at home. Bummer.
Posted By: xrayman67

Re: Potters - 07/09/2021 03:32 AM

We have always enjoyed ARH and Potters. Our last trip this May, we dined at Wonky Dog and had a great lobster dinner. The ribs at Cow Wreck were fantastic! And I certainly recommend ABC! Their food is always amazing. For ambience, it's hard to beat ARH though.

Attached picture 20180522_190657.jpg
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Potters - 07/09/2021 12:52 PM

George, sorry to hear that. Sam normally does a great job with his lobster and potatoes. We honestly have a hard time deciding our favorite spot. So while there we just spread the love between Potters, Wonky Dog, ARH, Sid's, Lobster Trap and ABC. Tough to beat lunch at Cow Wreck. A friend on here turned me on to Roti's at Flash of Beauty. So we try to hit that spot for lunch at least once while there.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Potters - 07/09/2021 01:49 PM

Sorry to hear about your experience, George. I'm assuming the 8pm group was going to push them past the 25 person limit. Normally, they can easily handle 100 and the food is always good.

No excuse, but emotions are pretty high right now and it's throwing some people off their game. If you stop by and talk to Potter to voice your concerns, I'm confident he will make it right. Still a bummer...
Posted By: Husker

Re: Potters - 07/09/2021 02:29 PM

Sorry to hear about your bad experience at Potters. We eat there every time we are at Anegada and have always had a great time and great food. We ate there two nights ago and the lobster was better than ever. Last December we got take out and Potter gave us each an extra half lobster. We feasted on lobster salads and whatnot for the next couple days.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline