TravelTalkOnline

Changes in BVI entry requirements

Posted By: NWsailor

Changes in BVI entry requirements - 09/16/2021 04:48 PM

Does anybody know of any upcoming changes to BVI entry requirements?

I reached out to reschedule our water taxi (originally booked for 4/2020) with our latest date for this November, and asked about entry requirements via water taxi.
The response I got was, changes are coming, and they will get back to us when they know more.
I searched online and the only thing I've found, is talk of automating the BVI gateway website.

We have a boat booked, and are looking to fly into the st Thomas airport, with the water taxi co. getting us to Nanny Cay, that same day.
This along with the current up-tick in Covid has made me hesitant to pull the trigger on airline tickets, and other travel arrangements.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Changes in BVI entry requirements - 09/16/2021 04:50 PM

I am heading down Oct 3 via a night in STT and waiting to see if things change..and hoping they might get easier. I'd appreaciate any updates folks may know of..thanks..
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Changes in BVI entry requirements - 09/16/2021 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by NWsailor
Does anybody know of any upcoming changes to BVI entry requirements?

I reached out to reschedule our water taxi (originally booked for 4/2020) with our latest date for this November, and asked about entry requirements via water taxi.
The response I got was, changes are coming, and they will get back to us when they know more.
I searched online and the only thing I've found, is talk of automating the BVI gateway website.

We have a boat booked, and are looking to fly into the st Thomas airport, with the water taxi co. getting us to Nanny Cay, that same day.
This along with the current up-tick in Covid has made me hesitant to pull the trigger on airline tickets, and other travel arrangements.

Not sure if you've seen it publicized but the ports the water taxis are currently using are vaccinated only ports.

I'd love to know what they water taxis see in their crystal ball. I have a hard time thinking much will change. The portal has already been simplified a little. All the immigration and customs pages are gone. Not sure how the automatic approval for vaccinated guests is coming but that would be a great change!

I wouldn't hesitate to plan your trip unless you are unvaccinated. The process is about as easy as it's going to get.
Posted By: SVGrenadine

Re: Changes in BVI entry requirements - 09/16/2021 06:05 PM

NWSailor, see also http://www.traveltalkonline.com/ubb...i-covid-charter-strategy.html#Post263917 (in a thread in the USVI/PR forum)
Posted By: NoelHall

Re: Changes in BVI entry requirements - 09/16/2021 06:25 PM

We used a water taxi St. Thomas to/from BVI this past July, and scheduled again for late October. Our charter is with Voyage Charters located in Soper's Hole. We got lucky in July and they took us straight to West End to clear C&I and waived the arrival Covid test (although we had already paid for it through the portal). We were all vaccinated. The water taxi then took us across the way to our boat at Voyage. That said, the folks at the water taxi warns us this next trip we will likely be required to go to Road Town to clear C&I and take a Covid test before they can take us to Voyage Charters. It might be that your group will also be required to first enter at Road Town before your water taxi can take you to Nanny Cay. It seems all so fluid, just go with the flow.
Posted By: Sandsailsun

Re: Changes in BVI entry requirements - 09/16/2021 07:16 PM

Watching with great interest!

This Canadian girl needs a vacation. Looking at a possible Villa rental in April on VG after a nice long sail in USVI ( fingers and toes crossed) things getting scary again up here and my province is tightening restrictions again. ..but that’s what keeps us safe right

Good lord , who knows what winter will bring . Dreaming of turquoise water and following seas .

Attached picture A12681BE-F983-4A4E-8996-BE6227DE0422.jpeg
Posted By: Rush

Re: Changes in BVI entry requirements - 09/16/2021 08:09 PM

We came in late July and also took a water taxi from St. Thomas to Nanny Cay. Everything was easy, except for the portal. We are doing the same in a month. However, we also have a trip booked out of CYOA in St. Thomas after Christmas. Is it wishful thinkging to hope to get into the BVI on a charter boat from USVI by then?
Posted By: LocalSailor

Re: Changes in BVI entry requirements - 09/16/2021 09:56 PM

{Christmas. Is it wishful thinking to hope to get into the BVI on a charter boat from USVI by then?}

DEAR Santa **********
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline