TravelTalkOnline

New Marina in North Sound

Posted By: capttom

New Marina in North Sound - 12/30/2021 01:22 AM

Well, guys, it sure has been a while since I've been here on TTOL...there have been some interesting times...I am running a new small marina in the North Sound of Virgin Gorda called Blunder Bay Marina. It is located near to Leverick Bay and Mooney Bay, and we have a small restaurant called the North Sound Bistro. At the moment you can spend the night alongside for 30., electricity is available if you need to plug in, and we have wifi. We also have 20 moorings there in the area known as Malone Bay. Stop by and say hello the next time you are near, looking forward to seeing some familiar faces.
Posted By: cruzdoc

Re: New Marina in North Sound - 12/30/2021 04:28 AM

Can attest that the food is delicious. We were there last night and felt like royalty as we had the place to ourselves for a while with an amazing view across towards Leverick. We initially went over for drinks and appetizers but ended up staying for dinner as the apps were so good. Look forward to coming back when we can. Thanks Tom for the star fruit and passion fruit and the great dinner!
Posted By: skipdastraw

Re: New Marina in North Sound - 12/30/2021 01:05 PM

Any way to get there if we are land based in VG? We are on island now and would love to check it out! Maybe even tonight....
Posted By: Manpot

Re: New Marina in North Sound - 12/30/2021 04:11 PM

Congrats Tom..look forward to seeing you and checking this out..

Re: New Marina in North Sound - 01/04/2022 09:21 PM

We were fortunate enough to find a way over last night. One of the best meals of our trip! Wonderful people, warm welcomes and fabulous food. Tom and staff are amazing hosts.
Make time to go. We wish we had time to go back!
Thank you for a memorable evening Tom!

Re: New Marina in North Sound - 01/05/2022 03:05 PM

Thank you for that! It was great to have you. Soon we will be opening for lunch as well. To help sailors get to know us we are offering overnight days on the dock for the same price as a mooring ball, no matter the length of the boat. The docks are new, with deep water, and electricity is available. You can call me directly at 499 2400 or the restaurant at 542 5400.
Have a great trip and safe travels!
Posted By: Variance Sailing

Re: New Marina in North Sound - 01/05/2022 03:43 PM

We are coming down to the BVI in March. Thanks for the info! Always looking for new spots to try!
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: New Marina in North Sound - 01/05/2022 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Variance Sailing
We are coming down to the BVI in March. Thanks for the info! Always looking for new spots to try!

Don't forget to try Tipsy, the new bar at Cow Wreck Beach on Anegada! As you come down the Cow Wreck drive from the main road, there is a new road to the right (just before Ann's brightly colored guest houses) that leads to Tipsy. Or you can walk the beach from Cow Wreck bar.

Great drink, great hospitality, and great food! Ann has my favorite cook (Patricia or Patsy or Pat) from Smugglers in her new kitchen!
Posted By: Variance Sailing

Re: New Marina in North Sound - 01/05/2022 04:09 PM

I love Anegada! Thanks for the information! We are planning on going there--maybe twice in our two weeks.
Posted By: calsail

Re: New Marina in North Sound - 01/06/2022 08:43 PM

Mal, Happy New Year. Are you back on Island?
Posted By: Manpot

Re: New Marina in North Sound - 01/06/2022 10:26 PM

In Sonoma til the end of the month..then back. I am guessing Capt Tom's lovely wife is involved in this venture??
Posted By: SacoFrank

Re: New Marina in North Sound - 01/07/2022 01:50 AM

Tom, this is so great to hear of another spot. We are coming down(fingers crossed!)first week of march and will be in the Sound for a night. Would, love to check it out and possible spend the night

Best of luck!

Re: New Marina in North Sound - 01/08/2022 02:29 PM

Tom- Just FYI the Bistro is listed on TripAdvisor as being located in Roadtown. It doesn't come up under restaurants in VG. May want to edit that. smile

Re: New Marina in North Sound - 01/08/2022 02:58 PM

Thanks! Im working on a few things with them but I think like everything else time runs differently now. Our office is located in town and they ask for a mail address so...no mail delivery where we are, that's for sure!

Re: New Marina in North Sound - 01/08/2022 02:59 PM

And we just got our first review on TA....very enthusiastic! So far so good.

Re: New Marina in North Sound - 01/08/2022 03:08 PM

That was me-I told you I would be your first review! All the best and we can't wait to come back! -Aimee
Posted By: macaroni

Re: New Marina in North Sound - 01/08/2022 10:16 PM

Can we get there from land…will be in Virgin Gorda land based trip…….?

Re: New Marina in North Sound - 01/09/2022 03:03 AM

Thank You! Glad you had a great time!
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: New Marina in North Sound - 01/09/2022 03:20 PM

We will be there the first week of May. We can’t wait to check it out. . There will be 9 of us on a 48’ cat.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: New Marina in North Sound - 01/09/2022 04:41 PM

If the latest round of covid breaks we will visit in Early Feb.
G

Re: New Marina in North Sound - 01/10/2022 12:09 PM

Good Morning and looking forward to your visit.
In other news we are working on a small launch that can carry guests but this is not yet in place and it is hard to know when it will be . hopefully in the next few weeks.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline