TravelTalkOnline

Celltrion covid test.

Posted By: Manpot

Celltrion covid test. - 01/15/2022 11:11 PM

I've just been informed I cannot received the Bimax test because of delays and have opted for the Celltrion that can be delivered immediatley. They claim it is FDA/Eu approved and just as reliable and effective as Bimax. Will this get me into the US and BVI's?? Slight panic now as its impossible to get test her in Nor Cal.
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/15/2022 11:56 PM

Manpot - do you know if it is a proctored test that provides a full written lab report? The report must also include a CLIA certification (for both the USVI and BVI)..When are you departing?
Posted By: skipdastraw

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/16/2022 12:27 AM

Have you tried ordering from Optum? My orders from them came way faster than from Emed. Same Binax Abbott tests.

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/16/2022 02:01 AM

Trying to get info is really hard.I am testing Jan 25.. Emed is 4to 5 days not guaranteed.If anyone out there has a B test kitsI will happily pay $$$ via FedEx. Dont need this on top of eveything else..thought I had this tiny detail taken care of!!
Posted By: DonBuck

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/16/2022 02:23 AM

https://www.emed.com/products/covid-at-home-testkit-six-pack

I have recently been able to get a 6 pack of the Proctored tests overnighted via Fed Ex easily. Link above.

Good luck.
Posted By: TRIM

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/16/2022 02:36 AM

I had friends order the Emed test kit earlier this week. The order forced him to pay for FedEx overnight(I think $30). He ordered in the early evening and had them in 2 days. Basically overnight, he missed shipping that first day. I see Optum is showing 4 to 5 day delay. I would order the 6 pack from Emed. Will probably ship Monday and deliver on Tuesday. I have my 6 pack for testing going both directions with a spare. I think we are on the same schedule to fly Jan 28th.
Posted By: rhans

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/16/2022 02:40 AM

Haven’t used the emed proctored kits yet but we ordered last week and received them the next day Fedex

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/16/2022 01:11 PM

Manpot how many do you need and where are you located? I can ship you 2 tomorrow from NY, no$$.

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/16/2022 01:52 PM

We may have some extra tests but won’t get back until 1/19

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/16/2022 03:47 PM

skipdastraw:I am in Sonoma, Ca..42 Cuernevaca Drive, Sonoma , Ca 95476...707 938 3835. I would be over the moon if you could overnight your spare tests but I absoliutely insist on paying..or buying you a very expensive dinner in the islands!! Or a couple of nights at CRC!!Trying to get the Bimax tests here in Ca is near impossible. The Emed guy said 4 to 5 business days and tomorrow is MLK Day and I need to test Jan 25 ..and he would not guarantee that and could not tell me if they had tests ready to ship. MI Diver..thanks too..I will rep;ay all these kindnesses but if skipdastraw can get those two me ( I am solo) than I'll be set..Great news..thanks..Got to love TTOL!

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/16/2022 03:47 PM

skipdastraw:I am in Sonoma, Ca..42 Cuernevaca Drive, Sonoma , Ca 95476...707 938 3835. I would be over the moon if you could overnight your spare tests but I absoliutely insist on paying..or buying you a very expensive dinner in the islands!! Or a couple of nights at CRC!!Trying to get the Bimax tests here in Ca is near impossible. The Emed guy said 4 to 5 business days and tomorrow is MLK Day and I need to test Jan 25 ..and he would not guarantee that and could not tell me if they had tests ready to ship. MI Diver..thanks too..I will rep;ay all these kindnesses but if skipdastraw can get those two me ( I am solo) than I'll be set..Great news..thanks..Got to love TTOL!
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/16/2022 04:01 PM

If everyone falls through I can get a couple to you and I get a nice discount on FedEx. Issue is that I am iced in at the moment and not sure when roads will be safe. Thinking Tuesday.
G

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/16/2022 04:54 PM

I absolutely can get them to you before the 25th! I didn't realize tomorrow is MLK day so USPS is closed (and we are getting a storm) but I will send first thing Tuesday AM and send tracking. I assume that is your phone # I can text it to? Breathe...It's all good!

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/16/2022 05:08 PM

Wonderful...that is the home land line..my cell is 310 500 0664 but I'm not a big text fan. E mail is good malcolmboyes@earthlink.net. Please let me know $$ as I insist on paying for this HUGE favour. And I really hope we can meet up in the islands so I can really thank you..dinner at The Sugar Mill?

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/16/2022 05:16 PM

I thought I was the only person left on the planet that preferred email to texting! I will email you tracking. Two tests enough?
Maybe our paths will cross for a Painkiller someday but I am truly just happy to help!
Posted By: Husker

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/16/2022 05:22 PM

Manpot - If it doesn't work out with Skipdastraw, I have some spares here in Marin. I've had no trouble ordering 6-packs from emed. Usually get them in 2-3 days.

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/16/2022 05:43 PM

Husker..thanks and you are just down the road but "skip" has really saved my bacon and I intend to reward him with more than a Painkiller!! Two tests, BTW are perfect. I'll take those other tests down there with me and see if anyone there needs them.Love this "pay it forward" way that really does still exist with some folks..and the folks here on TTOL have always been great at helping each other..Thanks one and all..

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/16/2022 06:02 PM

At least you have a plan B, Mal. We'll been down the first week in Feb. Agree, TTOL is a great little community. Excellent contributors. Lots of helpful folks. My goto for everything BVI for sure. Have a great trip.

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/16/2022 06:44 PM

I hope we can hook up in Feb..I am down til early April...
Posted By: bailau

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/16/2022 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Husker
At least you have a plan B, Mal. We'll been down the first week in Feb. Agree, TTOL is a great little community. Excellent contributors. Lots of helpful folks. My goto for everything BVI for sure. Have a great trip.

Truth brother...
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/17/2022 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Manpot
Husker..thanks and you are just down the road but "skip" has really saved my bacon and I intend to reward him with more than a Painkiller!! Two tests, BTW are perfect. I'll take those other tests down there with me and see if anyone there needs them.Love this "pay it forward" way that really does still exist with some folks..and the folks here on TTOL have always been great at helping each other..Thanks one and all..

Yes, definitely bring them. We are buying all the extras that our guest have when they leave so we have a nice stash here when someone needs one!
Posted By: CottageGirl

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/17/2022 03:37 PM

With the new government mandate that health insurance companies are now required to cover the cost of 8 home test kits per household per month I expect there will be supply chain issues coming.
Posted By: CarolinaSailor

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/17/2022 04:11 PM

However, those supply chain issues will probably not affect proctored tests like the BinaxNow because they are more expensive and are not fully covered like non-proctored tests. From my conversations with their customer service agents, I expect supply through the Emed website for the 6 packs will pretty much be available with a few days notice. If you plan three weeks ahead, should be no problem.
Posted By: clementine

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/17/2022 07:07 PM

I ordered my tests through Emed on Jan.11th, still no confirmation to track.
I called and they could not give me a delivery date.

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/17/2022 09:29 PM

Just for my information, was that a 2, 3, or 6 pack? I understand that the 2/3 packs are in higher demand.

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/17/2022 09:32 PM

6 pack

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/17/2022 09:34 PM

Thanks. Given that today is a holiday, hopefully you will hear something soon. Please keep us updated as you get information.
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/17/2022 09:52 PM

I received an order confirmation, but no shipping notification. They showed up the following day.

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/17/2022 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by tradewinds
I received an order confirmation, but no shipping notification. They showed up the following day.

Me too

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/18/2022 12:24 PM

So how many days did they take to arrive?

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/18/2022 02:54 PM

Ordered Jan. 3rd received the 5th
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/18/2022 02:56 PM

Ordered Jan. 13th, received the 14th.
Posted By: ohstate

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/18/2022 04:24 PM

I have ordered the proctored tests from eMed. Just to be certain, can I use the proctored test for both entry to the BVI and return to the US? Fully vaccinated and flying to EIS via SJU. Thanks!

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/18/2022 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by ohstate
I have ordered the proctored tests from eMed. Just to be certain, can I use the proctored test for both entry to the BVI and return to the US? Fully vaccinated and flying to EIS via SJU. Thanks!

Yes, you can use the eMed.com tests for entry to the BVI and return to the USVI. Try to take your initial test 2 days before your arrival in the BVI so it will satisfy the USVI portal requirement and eliminate the BVI arrival test.

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/18/2022 04:48 PM

Excellent. Thanks!

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/20/2022 08:43 PM

If we had a TTOLer of the month award I would nominate Aimee (skipdastraw). She didnt know me from Adam but overnight shipped two Bimax tests to me from NY and insisted on no payment ( have to fix that). Most other months Jason Helmbrecht would be the hands down winner!

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/20/2022 08:54 PM

If we had a TTOLer of the month award I would nominate Aimee (skipdastraw). She didnt know me from Adam but overnight shipped two Bimax tests to me from NY and insisted on no payment ( have to fix that). Most other months Jason Helmbrecht would be the hands down winner!

I second this!!!!

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/20/2022 10:48 PM

FYI, I ordered the tests from eMed a few days ago. They confirmed my order and said they would let me know when it shipped. I haven’t heard from eMed about shipping, but FedEx just let me know my package is on the way. I set up a free account with FedX to track shipments and they let me know when any package is in their system. Although sometimes it is just that the label was printed but they hadn’t received the package yet. Something you can try if you are waiting for a shipment.

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/21/2022 01:01 AM

Aw, appreciate that! The best "payment" is to help someone simply because you can.
Someday you will tell me a story of the BVI and that will make me happy. smile

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/21/2022 02:36 AM

Glad it worked out, Mal! Agree with your both your award nominations.
Posted By: BVIslandGirl

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/21/2022 03:33 AM

I second that, Husker!! :-)

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/21/2022 12:11 PM

Not sure where you all live, but I'm getting a bit frustrated with not receiving our Binax tests.
Ordered on 1/11. Purchased 6, and paid extra fee for overnight shipping. I call everyday, with
no answers to how much longer it will be. We are in MA. Maybe because I wrote this they will
arrive today!!

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/21/2022 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by clementine
Not sure where you all live, but I'm getting a bit frustrated with not receiving our Binax tests.
Ordered on 1/11. Purchased 6, and paid extra fee for overnight shipping. I call everyday, with
no answers to how much longer it will be. We are in MA. Maybe because I wrote this they will
arrive today!!

Everyone pays the FEDEX overnight fee; mine was $33 to get it 24 miles to my freight forwarder. There are no options. Have you looked at your order status on their website? It will show the tracking number if it's shipped. At least you'll know if eMed or FEDEX is the problem.

Re: Celltrion covid test. - 01/21/2022 02:34 PM

I ordered on Monday, 1/17. FedEx tells me it is arriving today, 1/21. I’m in Maryland. It shipped from Arizona.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline