TravelTalkOnline

Dream Yacht Charters

Posted By: xrayman67

Dream Yacht Charters - 03/15/2022 04:53 PM

I am hearing on FB that DYC vessels have been seized by BVI customs. Anyone have any information on this? Could be a problem for charters in the near term if true.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Dream Yacht Charters - 03/15/2022 05:09 PM

Did anyone say why this happened?

Re: Dream Yacht Charters - 03/15/2022 05:20 PM

They said it has something to do with a temporary import license and not filing the correct documents.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Dream Yacht Charters - 03/15/2022 05:47 PM

I am hearing the same thing. Anyone know if it extends beyond CYC? Hearing several different stories about unpaid import fees, propane safety issues ect..
Posted By: jmark

Re: Dream Yacht Charters - 03/15/2022 06:17 PM

What FB page are you on that shows this?

We are chartering 3 boats with them in 2 weeks.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Dream Yacht Charters - 03/15/2022 06:45 PM

This was sent from a friend who has a April charter. They say the issue is already resolved and charters going forward should be fine.

DDYC BVI Operations Mar 15, 2022 Dream Yacht Charter (DYC) is working closely with BVI Customs and Shipping Registry to comply with the country’s new regulations to increase safety through control and inspection. The company was notified of new inspection and coding regulations for every vessel in the BVI charter fleet. These protocols were not in place before and the BVI operations team has worked hard to meet the challenge at a time of great supply chain difficulties worldwide. In particular, the decreased availability of spare parts from Manufacturing hubs, such as China. The BVI fleet is one of the largest within Dream Yacht Charter. With ongoing delays we remained unable to receive the parts needed before now. We made the difficult decision alongside the BVI Customs and Shipping Registry to pause operations until the parts arrived and the inspections were completed. We are deeply sorry this affected some charters, of which some customers were transferred to other locations or reimbursed. The parts have now been received, cleared into the territory by HM Customs and we maintain our close collaboration between the Registry’s compliance and our BVI operations team to complete the final steps without delay. No further charters should be affected. We’d like to thank our customers for their patience.
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Dream Yacht Charters - 03/15/2022 06:46 PM

BVI Charter Chat

Re: Dream Yacht Charters - 03/15/2022 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by jmark
What FB page are you on that shows this?

We are chartering 3 boats with them in 2 weeks.

BVI Charter Chat.
The original poster has pictures with yellow "RM Customs" tape on several vessels wheels. She said she is on a Marine Max PC. She stated there are lots of upset folks.
Posted By: TC42

Re: Dream Yacht Charters - 03/16/2022 08:59 PM

I’m hearing that the DYC issue is related to propane deflectors. They reportedly have the parts and are awaiting customs clearance. They indicated that charters over the next few days may be impacted but that they are hopeful it will not extend beyond that.
Posted By: Fred

Re: Dream Yacht Charters - 03/17/2022 12:42 PM

I received an email from Waypoint which included the following:
"You may have read that some boats from competitors are unable to charter at this time. We would like all of our guests to know that Waypoints is fully compliant with the BVI shipping registry and customs. With this, our charters have not and will not be impacted"

While there isn't an explanation it tells me something is going on which has affected some in the charter industry.
Fred
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline