TravelTalkOnline

COVID testing Walgreens

Posted By: Mike P

COVID testing Walgreens - 05/24/2022 04:41 PM

Sorry if this has been asked and answered. I have tried searching with no luck. I will be traveling to BVI on June 2nd. I was going to get a Covid test at Walgreens but they only offer a Rapid NAAT test. the BVI website specifically says Rapid Antigen. Wondering if this is an acceptable form? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: CarolinaSailor

Re: COVID testing Walgreens - 05/24/2022 04:47 PM

Rapid NAAT test is perfect. Similar technology as a PCR test. Results should be available shortly after your taking the test.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: COVID testing Walgreens - 05/24/2022 04:49 PM

As long as the results come from a certified lab with a signature it should be fine.
Posted By: gordapeak

Re: COVID testing Walgreens - 05/24/2022 05:24 PM

So now I have some confusion - we got in-person rapid antigen tests done by two different labs, and none have a signature, or even a space for one. Issue?

Re: COVID testing Walgreens - 05/24/2022 05:44 PM

Do they have a CLIA certification notation or stamp? Is the report on official company letterhead from a pharmacy, or just a paper print out?

Re: COVID testing Walgreens - 05/24/2022 05:55 PM

It is on pharmacy company letterhead. Actually a pharmacy results form.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: COVID testing Walgreens - 05/24/2022 06:09 PM

I only know from personal experience that the lab report from eMed works. Attached is a copy with the required information highlighted (plus the CLIA stamp is required but it wouldn't highlight).

Attached picture jason_emed05142022highlights.jpg

Re: COVID testing Walgreens - 05/24/2022 06:09 PM

While no signature but on a recognized pharmacy results form, with the pharmacists state license info, I would chance it. Worst case they retest you upon arrival and you pay $50, assuming negative. Just my opinion. Not worth a redo.

Re: COVID testing Walgreens - 05/24/2022 06:12 PM

You are thinking the same as me. My son has gone in with the same test form before, with no issues.

Re: COVID testing Walgreens - 05/24/2022 06:22 PM

Thanks for the heads up Jason - these are the little curves that are not really evident in the government issuances.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline